Author Topic: Vs Bradford PA  (Read 42347 times)

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Vs Bradford PA
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2009, 11:08:40 PM »
Pics from tonight. Apologies for the poor quality but my camera isn't quite up to doing floodlit games. There's a couple of half decent shots in there though.

Might be a couple more later.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2009, 11:42:31 PM »
and a couple more...

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2009, 11:50:22 PM »
To be fair to your pictures Ken, that is pretty much how the game was viewed under candlelight.

Should be looking at a team in 2nd tonight, we were much the better team and made them look very, very ordinary in what looked like first gear. All they had to offer was muscle and weight which they used in the second half to their advantage. We should have gone at them more when we were on top and we would have had a hat full.

What a sour bunch the BPA lot are, are they really not used to not having their own way that they feel so sour about a late equalizer. Proper bad atmosphere leaving the ground and I'm not just saying that about the chavs that you get at every ground. There were some older generation that really should learn a few more manners. :-\
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 11:56:02 PM by Lord Cutler Beckett »
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2009, 12:08:05 AM »
Absolutely gutted to leave tonight with just a point, as I don't think BPA will play worse at home all season. Second half hit the bar, missed too many chances and their keeper even saved a shot with his legs. When you only have a one goal lead it's never enough, though if tonight had been a boxing match the ref would have ended it. Unfortunately we need to learn to be more clinical and finish teams off as they were the ones who delivered a knockout punch at the end. Still there were some great performances from us tonight, Suarez and Newsham were superb and special mention to Nick Jackson and Cully. BPA shocked me as they seem to have too many players collecting a decent wage and playing as if they are a bunch of strangers, a bit like us last season. Lee Sinnott won't keep his job if they keep playing like that, they got out of jail big time tonight. Let's hope we take our frustrations out on Whitby on Saturday. Ref was the best I have seen this season (not saying much). Catering: The homemade chips were great though the Meat and Potato was a big let down,as it didn't seem to contain the aforementioned meat and potato. I also suspect the pie crust had been used on the nose cone of the space shuttle as it re-entered the earth's atmosphere, such was it's tough, robust texture. Still not a bad sign when you come away from BPA gutted with a point. Utter robbery on their part, I shall be calling Crimewatch shortly.

Czuczmans Rocket

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2009, 12:09:48 AM »
Just got back to Nottingham from Bradford's athletics track. How the hell BPA have got a point from that i will never know, they are by far the worst side i have seen at this level. They caused us no problems for virtually the whole game and nicked a goal at the death. Totally undeserved, but thats football for you!

I thought we were half decent tonight and should have killed this game off and put them out of sight. Without being critical, my main worry is not putting teams of this ilk to the sword and this could prove costly at the end of the season. Anyway, you only had to see the players reaction when that 94th minute goal went in. A real head in hands moment. Interestingly, a couple of blokes in the main stand were slagging us off and saying we should be thrashing BPA if we had any intension of winning the league and how poor Suarez was. I turned and asked them who they supported (No team was the reply) and if they had any idea about the difference in BPA's wage bill compaired to ours?? Incidently, i thought Mikel won everything tonight and did a fantastic job up there for us.

On this showing I'll be amazed if Lee Sinnott lasts the season as their manager, because believe me for all the cash thrown at this club they are bloody awful on tonights showing. We were robbed!

bb1

« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2009, 02:30:02 AM »
I went to the match tonight the ref should have gone to specsavers. He was the only one in the ground that missed a deliberate hand ball,from them.certain penalty. What i found most annoying was their first goal the lino had the flag up for offside and the s--t ref went to restart the game not even glancing in the linos direction, so down went the flag and the game went on. As far as canners being out heard it being pointed out that we let three goals in at Burscough when he was playing so don't think it's a case of missing an older head Think H/S will get it right.  I believe that this team plays better away as the Boston fans once again made the most noise getting behind them.We are getting there and tonight showed they are becoming harder to beat.think a little more time to really gel is all that's needed.Talking of managers we have the best in the league just my opinion.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2009, 07:29:00 AM »
gutted they got the eqauliser so late on, but i said before the game i would take at point like many said which we got

great peformance some signs of its starting too click abit , as we me made BPA look poor which suprised me consdidering the money they have thrown at transfers wages etc

last thing , got a feeling BPA is soon gonna become a not very nice place to go to because of their bitterness which became nasty last night  + their seems too have have been a huge rise in  'chavs' being their looking for abit of trouble compared too last seasons crowd

and with their not being segregation their i can see it maybe kicking off there one day

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2009, 07:48:12 AM »
Having had the night to dwell on it, gutted this morning as they were woeful (worst we've played for the most money they've paid) and we should be sat 2nd this morning.

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2009, 08:28:19 AM »
it sounds to me like with odd missed chances a penno shout and multiple woodwork we were bloody unlucky.who played at right back? i think the team is getting better for more games played and it will be more obvious to s/h where,if need be, they need to bolster the squad. no disregard to any one because i think overall the whole of the team has been good but a couple or three players in,even on loan,would be good especially an old hand that can be played in defensive positions.point taken with some posts about butch coming back in,for me evans....roll on saterday
"till saturday comes"

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2009, 08:36:58 AM »
Cully played right back, with Jackson on the left. We looked fairly stable until they threw the kitchen sink at us. Would love to know what was flagged for on their first goal, the linesman clearly stood with his flag up and then ran back to the half way line when he was ignored.

I think it is the pace to finish a team off when they leave holes at the back that we lack. Suarez did well last night but he just can't run the channels as much as a quicker player.

And they were a good stone heavier than us per man last night, which eventually told in the 5th minute of injury time.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2009, 09:39:43 AM »
Suarez's job isn't to run the channels - he's the big man in between the two either side of him. He wins more headers than Davidson, but he loses out to Davidson on strength.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2009, 12:05:46 PM »
One goal is never enough and this cost us tonight. We dominated and should have held more than a one goal lead. There first goal was a joke, lino on the near side had his flag up then dropped it, obviously bottling an offside decision. Very annoying to concede late especially as they did nothing in terms of attack really.

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2009, 12:24:53 PM »
Suarez's job isn't to run the channels - he's the big man in between the two either side of him. He wins more headers than Davidson, but he loses out to Davidson on strength.

I'd also say I think Suarez has slightly better ability with his feet.  A few times now i've seen him collect a ball turn and take one if not two defenders away with him then win a corner/throw.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2009, 01:27:07 PM »
Yeah, another reason why we should (if playing 3 up) be starting with Suarez, Clarke and Newsham and bringing on Davidson (when fit) if a goal is required, just for sheer presence and numbers upfield.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2009, 02:54:00 PM »
I was too far away to comment on whether there was an offside or not for their first, but balancing that out our second resulted from a throw in that should have been their's not our's!