Author Topic: Ian Ross  (Read 8290 times)

townender3385

• View Profile
Ian Ross
« on: December 27, 2012, 11:29:22 AM »
Who agrees that Ross should be first to go. Useless as always, wastes the ball and defensively i've never known someone be such a passenger.

Seenbetter

Re: Ian Ross
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 11:35:55 AM »
I think he's ok and so do a lot of fellers around me. Personal choice of course. I may be wrong, you may be wrong. He may not be the best on the pitch but on some days that could apply to the other 10 players.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 12:02:38 PM »
When GD lands the mid-field target he is after who makes way  , Milnes or Ross ?

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 12:54:45 PM »
I thought Ross was better yesterday a lot more effort than of late. If he can keep that up I for one will get behind him and forget the lack of effort of the previous couple of weeks. If ghm is right though I'd take Milnes over Ross.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 01:22:38 PM »
Either/Or never both.  I like Milnes and on some days Ross is a game winner.  We need someone alongside either of them, one of those players that keeps the game ticking over.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 01:55:09 PM »
Ross is a decent player at this level - like many of our squad. My opinion is that he just needs to be managed correctly and played in the right sort of formation. His ability on the ball is evident, he shows composure when many around him lose their heads and he can be a match winner on his day. GD needs to get the best out of him and exploit his full potential.

DL

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2012, 01:57:32 PM »
The problem is with our midfeild is just we have all flare players and no simple grafter in there. All our midfeild players are have the ball passed to them players and not lets get the ball players. Nothink wrong with how good they are just need to adjust the balance

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2012, 03:11:09 PM »
Ross is the  best 'flair' player we have. His ability and performances are underrated by many in my opinion. We need to play a ball winner alongside him which was the aim at the start of the seasn with Willson.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2012, 07:07:05 PM »
I still think he'd be better off playing out-wide on the right, in a Beckham-esque role...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2012, 08:48:14 PM »
I guess Ross would fall into the category of "Artist" rather than "Soldier". Definitely worth pets persevering with in my humble opinion.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 09:30:26 AM »
Is that right we have put in a seven day notice for Stamfords James Osman, soneone who Drury had at Corby last season?

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2012, 01:00:53 PM »
He only signed for Stanford on November 2012

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2012, 01:53:52 PM »
He only signed for Stanford on November 2012

But safe to asume thats why Drury wanted him there, and acording to the stamford forum and and am sorry for not being able to write a link,but youre find it in the thread of there last game against whoever it was, it seems to confirm the fact. it also says spalding have made an 7 day approach for gary king, god forbid he ends up back here!

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2012, 02:13:50 PM »
Is that right we have put in a seven day notice for Stamfords James Osman, soneone who Drury had at Corby last season?

Corby released James Ozmen at the end of last season. Towards the end of pre-season he started training with us, however, we had just about finalised our squad by then, especially the midfield, and either he was not offered a deal or was not offered a deal that was acceptable to him so he did not join us. I cannot remember who he then joined, it may have been someone like Quorn, before he joined Stamford.

I know a number of Corby fans were disappointed when they released him.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2012, 09:06:33 PM »
I think ozmen would be a good signing from what I have heard about him. Fingers crossed with that one. We are in urgent need of a experienced centre half in my opinion.