Author Topic: Away at Lowestoft in the next round of the Cup  (Read 15495 times)

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Away at Lowestoft in the next round of the Cup
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2009, 08:58:43 PM »
by looks of there forum their expecting a crowd of 1000ish

hopefully we will go in decent numbers as a new ground for people + a decent fanbase compared too most teams in our league ,  although a potential bannana skin as they will definatley be up for it

hopefully like saturday we will have enough too see them off

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2009, 09:11:00 PM »
I really cant see to many traviling to this game 100 max, long gone the days were the fa cup attracted 250 to 300 i think

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2009, 09:18:44 AM »

Ben Grant

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2009, 02:18:43 PM »
Good news Ken. Now all you need is for Leeds City Council to empty your Bins  :)

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2009, 05:52:31 PM »
Good news Ken. Now all you need is for Leeds City Council to empty your Bins  :)

And Pat to get off his fat overpaid arse
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

blue2

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2009, 10:16:50 AM »
Hi. I am a Lowestoft fan and I have registered just for the short term. I would like to say that I am looking forward to seeing Boston United and all their fans at Crown Meadow next week. I hope it is a cracking game.
I did note your comments on here about regionalisation and 'long trip' to Suffolk and there seems to be an opinion that we are in the middle of nowhere! As it is only a 110 mile (ish) trip of about two hours I am wondering what the fuss is about? Just curious but what is the furthest you have to travel for a league game? ;)

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2009, 10:49:35 AM »
I did note your comments on here about regionalisation and 'long trip' to Suffolk and there seems to be an opinion that we are in the middle of nowhere! As it is only a 110 mile (ish) trip of about two hours I am wondering what the fuss is about? Just curious but what is the furthest you have to travel for a league game? ;)

Durham and Kendal are both about 170 miles from Boston.

The problem with Lowestoft is for Boston fans like me who don't live in Boston! I'm based in Leeds so I'm used to having lots of local away games to get to. Most of the teams in the Unibond Premier are within striking distance of Leeds. Getting to Lowestoft next week is a four and a half hour train trip that will cost me £72. Compared with last week's 45 minutes on the bus to Bradford costing £4. But as you say it should be a cracking game and it's the "Magic of the Cup" so it's worth the trek.

Seenbetter

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2009, 11:26:29 AM »
Welcome blue2. Any relation to red2; he flies a red arrow.
You will find on here that if the FA or the 4 letter word Evans is mentioned its an invitation for slagging off.
The FAs draw centre in Delhi thinks that England is a region. The FAs control, training and regulation of the 'Man In Fancy Dress' (referee to you) is crap.
The 4 letter word Evans, which doesn't rhyme with lots of other 4 letter words that mean the same thing, is an historical low point in the clubs history. He's at Crawley if your interested.
I have been to Lowestoft, only once though about 25 years ago when my friend the Queen opened something there. It's not a bad place and is only a little bit south of Gt Yarmouth so you could make a day of it. Drop the wife of in Norwich. Fish and chips in Yarmouth. Watch Boston beat Lowestoft. Pub on the way home and back by 10. Oops nearly forgot, pick the wife up in Norwich.
See you next week. ;D 

blue2

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2009, 12:08:09 PM »
Hi Ken and hi to you 'seeingbetter'. I can understand where you are coming from if you have to take the trip from Leeds Ken. I think I would have to consider such a trip carefully - and also the cost if it is £72.00!
I know I live here but I do think Lowestoft is a lovely, relatively peaceful town with a smart seafront and cracking beach (not as seedy as Gt. Yarmouth with its 'Kiss Me Quick' hats!). You could certainly make a day, if not a weekend of it!
It is great to draw a team like yourselves in the FA Cup and that is what makes it special even at the early stages. We do have a good team at this level and recognise it is a test of how far we have come next week. We were in financial trouble only a few years ago, but have turned it around and do have ambitions. After reaching the FA Vase final a couple of years ago, we have gone from strength to strength and with our new additions the squad is stronger now, and I feel our football is of higher quality. Really looking forward to it.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2009, 08:03:46 PM »
Hi Ken and hi to you 'seeingbetter'. I can understand where you are coming from if you have to take the trip from Leeds Ken. I think I would have to consider such a trip carefully - and also the cost if it is £72.00!
I know I live here but I do think Lowestoft is a lovely, relatively peaceful town with a smart seafront and cracking beach (not as seedy as Gt. Yarmouth with its 'Kiss Me Quick' hats!). You could certainly make a day, if not a weekend of it!
It is great to draw a team like yourselves in the FA Cup and that is what makes it special even at the early stages. We do have a good team at this level and recognise it is a test of how far we have come next week. We were in financial trouble only a few years ago, but have turned it around and do have ambitions. After reaching the FA Vase final a couple of years ago, we have gone from strength to strength and with our new additions the squad is stronger now, and I feel our football is of higher quality. Really looking forward to it.

After our performance today you should start preparing yourself for a further round draw.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2009, 08:27:00 PM »
Never mind the beach, I'm going for the Triangle Tavern;D

Looks like it should have some half decent ale.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2009, 08:37:56 PM »
 Lowestoft is a bit special ...doesn't Bernie Ecclestone come from there ..?
  If he took over the football Club they d be pushing for the Premiership by now ..
    Even  tho it's working port it's a far nicer place than Gt Yarmouth ..
       As I have said , I'd be surprised if Boston get much out of the tie ..

Seenbetter

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2009, 10:25:49 AM »
Hope I'm wrong but I think we could lose this one.

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2009, 12:43:32 PM »
With the boo boys at home there'll probably be a better performance ::) get a draw and loose at home once they start again trying to knock the team for not wacking in 3 goal before half time ::)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2009, 03:25:37 PM »
Dont think ill bother going, as most on the forum as got us down to lose