Author Topic: sanctimonious claptrap  (Read 10005 times)

woad_pilgrim

Re: sanctimonious claptrap
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2009, 01:24:06 PM »
I'm just curious about something. I know about "early days yet" and "we are still gelling" but I would like to ask a question. After just 9 games are we any better now than we were at the beginning? Don't compare with last year just this season so far. I will stick my kneck out and will probably get verbal abuse and hissing and booing but I would say No.
I would like to see a yes/no poll but thats never going to happen on here.

If you want a yes/no poll then surely the answer is to do one. Anyway in answer to your question there isn't a straightforward yes or no. For me our worst 2 performances have been Burscough and Matlock, take them out and performance-wise I'm happy. Some would say we are getting worse but BPA was as good as any performance I have seen. So it's a no we are not getting any worse but also a no we are not getting better either. But I have always said it'd take 10 games to gel (which they have now had), so I do expect us to start gradually getting better from here on in.

Seenbetter

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2009, 01:35:13 PM »
Thanks WP. It's nice to get a good' well articulated answer. I think we are on the same wave length and I too am expecting us to get better. We seem to be at a stage where the clubs are settling into things and know more about each other. I would like to see the way we play alter a bit like a lot of others but I trust to SnH. They know more about the game than most of us. Is it possible we have two men in charge who could also progress and become a great team like Clough and Taylor did. Lets hope so.

Pride of Bostonshire

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2009, 01:56:28 PM »
Isn't this thread is great? Isn't it nice to be able to discuss footballing issues without slagging each other off and the whole thing devolving into childish behaviour?

I am aware this post hasn't added to the debate but I thought it would be a nice thing to point out.

Bartmac

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2009, 02:07:49 PM »
It's also nice to see that not so many swear words are popping up in the posts!

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2009, 03:40:23 PM »
Ok here goes ,
  Wats all this  'gel'  business..team is expected to 'gel' after  10 league games  ..so this shd come at Lowestoft if I'm right..
    Is nt this maybe misguidedly racking up expectation ?
     And the 'expectations have also been cemented by the present management .
      They are the ones who dispensed of nearly all last seasons squad and bought in new players..
       Maybe they could have kept and tried just 1 or 2  of last yrs forwards esp ..after all they had never played under them.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2009, 04:20:47 PM »
Ok here goes ,
  Wats all this  'gel'  business..team is expected to 'gel' after  10 league games  ..so this shd come at Lowestoft if I'm right..
    Is nt this maybe misguidedly racking up expectation ?
     And the 'expectations have also been cemented by the present management .
      They are the ones who dispensed of nearly all last seasons squad and bought in new players..
       Maybe they could have kept and tried just 1 or 2  of last yrs forwards esp ..after all they had never played under them.

only player i genuinley would of liked to of kept is ricky miller, but we know the situation & its all in the past now , and we should all be getting behind the new team and new gaffers

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2009, 04:50:22 PM »
I think last seasons 3 main strikers have scored a total of ONE goal between them this season f t.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2009, 04:56:56 PM »
was that Matson?, he scored for Stamford the other day

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2009, 05:01:37 PM »
Overlooked Matson BG , that makes 2 goals by our 4 last season strikers.

Seenbetter

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2009, 05:13:21 PM »
I would have liked to see Ricky Millergiven a chance and for Ellie to stay because he was someone who players could have looked up to. Having said that, I think that Canners has fitted into that role very well and we are definitely missing his influence. Don't know much about his injury or how long he will be out. I have said it before but the passion of the managers and the effort of the players impresses me. It just seems that we haven't yet found the right formation. It'll come.