Author Topic: Altrincham game off - Waterlogged pitch  (Read 3353 times)

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Altrincham game off - Waterlogged pitch
« on: December 22, 2012, 10:55:47 AM »
Looks like the game is off : http://www.bostonunited.co.uk/news/altrincham-clash-postponed-804803.html

I'll just have to start my Christmas shopping instead.  ;D

casperpilgrim

• View Profile
Re: Altrincham game off - Waterlogged pitch
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 11:15:24 AM »
Good luck with that Ken

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 11:28:04 AM »
I usually start mine late Christmas Eve.

With today's match off, the first time we will see our new Manager and his team in action will be here at York Street on Boxing Day.  By which time he may have other players lined up so can't imagine what the team selection will be.  If he sticks by his original statement he will give the current players a chance.
United we stand..................

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 02:15:09 PM »

I'm disappointed by Altrincham today. I checked their website last night and again this morning, and there was absolutely no mention whatsoever of a pitch inspection even being considered. I therefore set out this morning and was 60 miles from home before discovering that the game was called off. It's very annoying to have a 120-mile wasted round trip - especially in driving rain. Surely with modern technology as it is and  a club within the semi-professional ranks, somebody at Altrincham could have fore-warned via their website that a pitch inspection was going to be needed?

I got as far as Stoke and from the amount of standing water on the fields around there, a postponement was probably the correct decision. But Altrincham officials need to think about away supporters and communicate what is happening a lot better and a lot earlier. I'd write and ask them for a reimbursement of my expenses, but why waste ink as well as petrol?

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 04:04:49 PM »

I'm disappointed by Altrincham today. I checked their website last night and again this morning, and there was absolutely no mention whatsoever of a pitch inspection even being considered. I therefore set out this morning and was 60 miles from home before discovering that the game was called off. It's very annoying to have a 120-mile wasted round trip - especially in driving rain. Surely with modern technology as it is and  a club within the semi-professional ranks, somebody at Altrincham could have fore-warned via their website that a pitch inspection was going to be needed?

I got as far as Stoke and from the amount of standing water on the fields around there, a postponement was probably the correct decision. But Altrincham officials need to think about away supporters and communicate what is happening a lot better and a lot earlier. I'd write and ask them for a reimbursement of my expenses, but why waste ink as well as petrol?

Probably not too much of a concern for most clubs at this level with so few having a large away following, although I would expect better from Alty as they were a conf prem club not that long ago

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 05:26:19 PM »
Holdsworth had Lincoln training today after their game was called off and he was surprised to hear other teams were not training.  We are training Christmas Eve instead.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 05:31:08 PM by Cavalier »
United we stand..................

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 05:42:43 PM »
I bet Imps will win the BSP water polo title .

bluenose

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 10:23:42 PM »

well i did ask the question this morning, but like a lemming i got on the train, and to be fair had a good day at Man City.
But questions need to be asked as to to lack of info !!!