Author Topic: THE GAME TOMORROW  (Read 3745 times)

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
THE GAME TOMORROW
« on: December 14, 2012, 03:07:02 PM »
I think we should play without REED and ANDREW's who is on lone ,and REED ;) as nothing to prove at the moment,hopefully he's one for the future,let's hope the new man is there to watch the rest, (for me our problem's are small, we just need a big  strong C/ BACK and C/MID  ;)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: THE GAME TOMORROW
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 03:59:55 PM »
Ross is our only experienced m/f player but fails to use his experience to guide his younger team mates or make an impact on the games lately .  His only contribution lately has been to make valid comments which apply to a small number of fans .  On the pitch the new  management may its time for him to move on .

skoff

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 04:17:05 PM »
Hi Guys,
I'm visiting the game tomorrow as a neutral, doing the 92 plus ex-League Clubs. Having seen Droylsden recently, I think this is a good chance for your team to get back on track. I have reserched your town and club thoroughly, see blog on my website http://2philstour.webs.com Will post report on there after my trip too.
I'm told to try something called a Roast Pork Nap in the Pigrim Lounge, and hope there'll be some good Lincolnshire Ale too. Look forward to chatting to Boston fans in there.

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 04:49:38 PM »
I'm told to try something called a Roast Pork Nap in the Pigrim Lounge, and hope there'll be some good Lincolnshire Ale too. Look forward to chatting to Boston fans in there.
Think you mean roast pork bap -which are very good

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 05:37:38 PM »
Regarding the criticism of Ross,  his dead ball and passing ability is conf prem/league 2 level however he's not so good when it comes to getting stuck in and winning the ball back. When he's on the ball a lot he pulls the strings and looks the best player on the park, when the opposition have a lot of the ball he looks like a passenger. He's one of those players that's lacking in one area of his game which prevents him playing in the football league.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 06:24:18 PM »
Will the wet or frosty conditions require a pitch inspection in the morning?
United we stand..................

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 06:36:37 PM »
I do not go along with you on his dead ball skills. Lately his free kicks and corners have left much to be desired which is a shame because he is capable of better.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 06:40:21 PM »
For me we ought to play something like:

Haystead (Drury if not fit)

Marshall              Ward            Stainsfield        Jelly

Silk

Reed                     Milnes

Stokes (Fairclough if not fit)            Jones               Newsham

Subs:

SWD
Fairclough (neither have been great since being suspended)
Ross
Smith
Drury

With regards Ross think he may need to sit this one out until he decides what the future holds. Was a big fan of his but with a bit of hard work will get fans back onside, otherwise I agree with GHM.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 07:08:43 PM »
Ross really made me mad tbh. Someone who has hardly been on form being so critical of the fans. Agreed some fans are plane daft, but pay there money so have there say. Others who dont shout abuse or complain and try be constuctive deserve more respect tbf.
So for me he shuldnt start.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 08:52:16 PM »

As long as the players aren't having a nap tomorrow. (They did last week at Vauxhall Motors).

skoff

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2012, 10:27:28 PM »

[/quote]
Post from Lord Cutler did say nap but I suppose he meant bap. Anyway I'll be trying one. Weather forecast looks ok so I assume there's no doubt about game before I drive 150 miles

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2012, 10:56:41 PM »

Post from Lord Cutler did say nap but I suppose he meant bap. Anyway I'll be trying one. Weather forecast looks ok so I assume there's no doubt about game before I drive 150 miles
[/quote]

I've assumed it'll be ok, it's lashed it down all day in the north of the county onto already waterlogged ground, but our pitch has always held up well to the weather.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.