Author Topic: "Worst BUFC performance I've seen" - Jelleyman  (Read 2832 times)

Boston Standard

• View Profile
"Worst BUFC performance I've seen" - Jelleyman
« on: December 10, 2012, 10:17:10 AM »

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: "Worst BUFC performance I've seen" - Jelleyman
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 11:53:26 AM »
Certainly not a happy clapper then!  :xmashat

One would have thought that most players would be really up for it having just lost their manager and wanting to prove a point. Not collapsing in a heap and saying they feel sorry for themselves.

Is it this attitude that is underlying the undeniably shocking performances of late?  :bunny
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 12:02:41 PM by Scouse Pilgrim »
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 02:06:37 PM »
Hope they give their wages to the fans who travelled to watch them!

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 06:34:03 PM »
Ultimately actions speak louder than words.

When we were almost relegated from the Unibond the players often came out after defeats and discussed how the fans deserved better and how their performances weren't good enough. They said all the right things, but nothing ever improved.

In contrast, I never got the feeling Rob Scott and Paul Hurst were particularly attached to this club in general. They were focused on the first team and the first team alone and had (and probably still have) ambitions to move on to bigger and better things. They didn't come out every week saying how brilliant the fans were (indeed Rob Scott often had a go at the moaners supposedly seated behind him). But you can pretty certain that most people would rather watch their Boston United than that of the 2008/2009 season.

With the manager gone, the players have no-one to blame for Saturday's result but themselves. That team is of the quality that it should not lose to Vauxhall Motors, yet alone by 4 goals. No use coming out afterwards saying it was substandard and then performing equally as badly in the next game. Concentrate on this Saturday and let the football do the talking.
spot on

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 06:39:05 PM »
Hope they give their wages to the fans who travelled to watch them!

Absolutely, just like they do week in week out in all football leagues  ???    :xmashat
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell