Author Topic: Today!  (Read 11768 times)

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Today!
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2012, 07:41:54 PM »
We await The Messiah of York St  . .

Well big spending Rotherham lost at home again today, so if they get knocked out the FA Cup by Notts County on Tuesday night their manager could be available by next weekend.  ;)  ;D

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2012, 07:54:41 PM »
 Tot agree with doc and bosleake  ..

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2012, 08:38:42 PM »

Well big spending Rotherham lost at home again today, so if they get knocked out the FA Cup by Notts County on Tuesday night their manager could be available by next weekend.  ;)  ;D

Nice one Ken  8)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2012, 08:43:31 PM »

I was at The New York Stadium today Ken and let me assure you Rotherham were victim of a spectacular smash and grab by Gillingham. They look a very good side and if they play like that they'll win a lot more than they lose.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2012, 08:48:07 PM »

FAT chance.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2012, 08:51:00 PM »

I was at The New York Stadium today Ken and let me assure you Rotherham were victim of a spectacular smash and grab by Gillingham. They look a very good side and if they play like that they'll win a lot more than they lose.

You checking our former (ahem) leaders form?  :xmashat
Any touchline tantrums?

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2012, 09:08:24 PM »

You checking our former (ahem) leaders form?  :xmashat
Any touchline tantrums?

It was a new ground I wanted to tick off the list, and with it being Xmas I tied in a trip to Toys R Us and a visit to my cousins with a visit to what I've got to say is a superb facility for a club of Rotherham's size.

Evans is Evans, he looks like he's doubled in weight over the last 6 years and its quite comical as a neutral to watch his and the pathetic Raynor's antics on the touchline. I see on the BBC he's baffled as to how they didn't win and to be fair he's a point with the woodwork struck 3 times and The Millers dominating the game, The Gills getting 2 goals from their only efforts on target all game. The Gills fans were baiting him all afternoon and the bloke sat next to me said it went back a couple of season to some comments he made when Andy Hessenthaler was manager and there'd been a bust up and accusations of racist abuse that came to nothing once the police realized it was Evans looking for a smokescreen for a defeat.....

In the interests of fairness though it has to be said that he made a point of checking out the Gillingham lad who was knocked out and who needed 8 minutes treatment.....we had 11 minutes injury time at the end!

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2012, 09:11:06 PM »
Martin Allen is doing a good job for the Gills  :)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2012, 09:13:52 PM »
He was worse than Evans on the touchline.......... :-\

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2012, 10:47:58 PM »
I went today. It should have been seven to them.

I suspect there are at least three players who I'll never see play for Boston again. Of the other 11 who appeared on the pitch, whilst I'm sure you could mount a good argument for keeping any one of them, I imagine to bring players in we will have to move others out. And the only two players I would really not want a new manager to move on are Jones and Newsham.

And please whoever is managing us next week, don't play Stainfield on the right hand side of a centre back pairing, I like him as a player but we all know he is very one-footed and he spend most of today trying to kick balls with his left foot that he should be taking with his right. He looked very uncomfortable.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 09:41:28 AM by John Chapman »

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2012, 10:59:54 PM »
Martin Allen certainly looks like a bloke you dont want to get on the wrong side of .

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2012, 12:03:29 AM »
And please whoever is managing us next week, don't play Stainfield on the right hand side of a centre back pairing, I like him as a player but we all know he is very one-footed and he spend most of today trying to kick balls with his left foot that he should be taking with his right. He looked very uncomfortable.
I always thought that when playing alongside Big Kev who was also VERY left footed - he was hung out to dry many many times by Kev and looks far more confertable when playing on his left.

bluenose

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2012, 12:17:24 AM »
Looks like the muppets that played today didnt play for the shirt , Lets hope they know who
pays the wages and turn up next week   

Spannerman, After your comments i do hope you have been today and last Wednesday? more to follow once you reply!!!!

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2012, 08:11:42 AM »
I believe Spannerman is a season ticket holder and has been for a few years, are you? >:(
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2012, 09:58:04 AM »
Spannerman is a season ticket holder and as loyal a fan as you could wish to meet. I get sick of people questioning others support on here, SM is probably 10 years older than me, I've been coming to games for 37 years now and he's one of the faces you can almost guarantee to see every week.

He's spot on, Josh went on the train from Derby at considerable expense (like he does for a lot of away games) and said it was the most spineless, gutless and pathetic performance he's ever seen. Those players yesterday are an affront to the shirt and if they've the slightest shred of decency they'll put yesterday's wages towards reimbursing those who made the effort to attend the game, because it sure as hell looks they they didn't bother turning up.

The one positive from that disgrace is that Hyde will be shown the door, he should have gone on Wednesday and Steve Welsh asked to pick the side, at least there'd be effort if he was involved.

A real low water mark for Boston Utd FC along side debacle's like the 6-0 v Grimsby and the 2 5-0's v Nantwich.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 10:01:28 AM by noughtyforties »