Author Topic: Grantham Town managers resign  (Read 14598 times)

Tomgraves

• View Profile
Grantham Town managers resign
« on: December 04, 2012, 06:38:29 PM »
Snap them up David!!

shinnster

• View Profile
Re: Grantham Town managers resign
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 12:47:58 PM »
This could be our blessing in disguise agree snap them up :xmashat

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 01:27:21 PM »
 Give them a trial   :xmasdeer   

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 01:45:02 PM »
Give them a trial   :xmasdeer

Are they both still playing. :snowman
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 01:55:47 PM »
Would be a good appointment for a UNI South club .     May be a chance at a Lincoln based club in near future .

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 08:10:10 PM »
One manager is enough IMO  8)

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 11:14:11 AM »
They are unproven at this level, and as I posted on another thread incorrectly, it should have been one of numerous others, wait until the summer an get the right person in.

Having someone-anyone- on trial, suggests the faith in them to do the jopb in the first place isn't there and that could be very dangerous.

Thinking about it perhaps someone like Graham Drury who did well at Corby and is now doing a decent job at Stamford could be a summer consideration?

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 09:01:11 PM »
My contacts suggest  Jimmy Albans and Wayne Hallcro could do us a good job!  8)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

picky

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 09:08:12 PM »
Why did they leave Grantham

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 09:14:56 PM »
Why did they leave Grantham

And what timing!  :D
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2012, 09:15:42 PM »
Wouldn't be surprised to see Jason Lee at Grantham if he wants to carry on managing !

Tomgraves

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 08:49:05 AM »

They are unproven at this level, and as I posted on another thread incorrectly, it should have been one of numerous others, wait until the summer an get the right person in.

Having someone-anyone- on trial, suggests the faith in them to do the jopb in the first place isn't there and that could be very dangerous.

Thinking about it perhaps someone like Graham Drury who did well at Corby and is now doing a decent job at Stamford could be a summer consideration?

Scott and Hurst were unproven at this level.. but they took us to 3rd and play offs?

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2012, 08:56:20 PM »

Scott and Hurst were unproven at this level.. but they took us to 3rd and play offs?

I saw quite a bit of the two Grantham managers during their previous spell as manager and assistant manager of Shepshed. They wouldn't be my choice, I'm afraid. Shepshed were perennial strugglers at the bottom of the EvoStik Southern League, and I think they finished seventeenth during the final season that the duo were in charge.

If we're looking at non-league managers from a lower level and around the East Midlands, then Quorn manager Tommy Brookbanks might be a better shout. He left Stamford in the Summer (local connection somewhere)? and took over at Quorn from Lawrie Dudfield, under whom Quorn had been relegated spectacularly. (They were so far adrift of safety last season it was untrue). Brooksbanks hasn't had a lot of time to turn things round, but he has brought in a few new players (including Tyrone Kirk) and currently Quorn and Holbeach are well clear of the chasing pack in the United Counties League and looking almost certain for promotion at the first attempt. Apart from a couple of pre-season matches I haven't seen them play this season (yet), but the results are speaking for themselves.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2012, 09:45:16 PM »

I saw quite a bit of the two Grantham managers during their previous spell as manager and assistant manager of Shepshed. They wouldn't be my choice, I'm afraid. Shepshed were perennial strugglers at the bottom of the EvoStik Southern League, and I think they finished seventeenth during the final season that the duo were in charge.

If we're looking at non-league managers from a lower level and around the East Midlands, then Quorn manager Tommy Brookbanks might be a better shout. He left Stamford in the Summer (local connection somewhere)? and took over at Quorn from Lawrie Dudfield, under whom Quorn had been relegated spectacularly. (They were so far adrift of safety last season it was untrue). Brooksbanks hasn't had a lot of time to turn things round, but he has brought in a few new players (including Tyrone Kirk) and currently Quorn and Holbeach are well clear of the chasing pack in the United Counties League and looking almost certain for promotion at the first attempt. Apart from a couple of pre-season matches I haven't seen them play this season (yet), but the results are speaking for themselves.

I was talking to a sleaford town player last week, and while Quorn are doing well they also have a huge budget for there level

outsidewrong

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2012, 08:14:04 PM »
Interesting to read the comments about future managers, somebody has mentioned Tommy Brookbanks! Tommy is a good manger but since he left Carlton for Hucknall it has been an epic fail with all of his clubs.
Maybe Carltons current boss Les Mcjannet would be a better bet he was a full time player in both the UK and Scotland with hundreds of appearances and look what he has done with little money surely that has to be a good pointer.
 Maybe somebody else who hasn’t sprung to your minds is ex Grimsby and West Brom Manager Alan Buckley! Might sound daft but he will will games and achieve allot with very little.
Might just say that with the Buckley thing it is a left field idea, just remember if you think outside the box you wont end up at square one again!