Author Topic: One for Ken....Compare their records.  (Read 7041 times)

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
One for Ken....Compare their records.
« on: December 03, 2012, 03:49:16 PM »
I was just wondering how Jasons start this season compares to Tommy Taylors' in the season he got the push. If I recall he finished round about November. My rough calculations have Jason with a few more points but lower crowds.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: One for Ken....Compare their records.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 05:51:52 PM »
Good question Tash! I would say Jason has a better record !

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 07:02:19 PM »
I think there was still a considerable goodwill factor towards the club back then tash, we'd had the blight of the McFrauds removed but we'd been hammered by the FA and people saw the 2nd demotion as an injustice.

There are no excuses now.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 07:37:53 PM »
No excuse unless you compare the budgets .

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 07:46:35 PM »
Don't think budgets can be compared! Our budget is probably less now but I guess the other teams in the league are in the same boat!

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 10:30:07 PM »
Tommy Taylor took us to near the relegation zone of the Unibond.

Jason Lee has us 10th in the Conference North, and is operating on almost undeniably a smaller budget (DN has stated every year since then that it's been held the same or slightly reduced).

This is an insane comparison.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 06:58:47 AM »
I'm not necessarily coming out in support of Jason Lee - far from it - but the current side are a lot more deserving of our support than those under Tommy Taylor. The attitude of some of the players signed by Tommy Taylor was totally unacceptable. There was, for example, that horrible 3-0 defeat in Kendal in which Matt Bloomer managed to leave the pitch completely clean - despite an absolute mudbath of a pitch. Centre halves should always be prepared to get stuck in particularly when you're struggling in a relegation dogfight. Bloomer didn't and, to make things worse, Taylor had appointed him as our captain! That typified the whole Taylor era. We've no complaints in terms of the attitude or effort of the current players; we just need to cut out some of the silly mistakes and we need our manager to get them a bit better organised at times.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 08:23:28 AM »
Tommy Taylor took us to near the relegation zone of the Unibond.

Jason Lee has us 10th in the Conference North, and is operating on almost undeniably a smaller budget (DN has stated every year since then that it's been held the same or slightly reduced).

This is an insane comparison.

Hardly insane Adam just a question on an open forum, have you never heard of the pound for pound comparison?
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 11:43:09 AM »
Adam is still young and impressionable. You have to cut him some slack :dan
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 11:49:54 AM »
I think a good assessment of any manager or management team is looking at where we were when they took over and where we are now.

In the current case you are hard pushed to say anything other than slightly worse off.  By no means is it the disaster zone some are making out but equally the alarming way we seem to gift goals and points away (plus the decline of the gates) with repeated mistakes shows that lessons are not being learnt on the pitch or on the sidelines.

Unless we finish this season having a decent stab at the play-offs OR run them close showing promise for next year changes need to be made. 

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2012, 02:06:35 PM »
YSP can,t ever recall Bloomer leaving the pitch without clean shorts.!!!!

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2012, 02:03:11 PM »
Unless we finish this season having a decent stab at the play-offs OR run them close showing promise for next year changes need to be made.

Same old problem though - when we say 'changes', we mean 'improvements', and where do we get the money to upgrade players, managers etc?  Attendances are falling, everyone is feeling the pinch financially, so budgets are only going to get smaller if the club is going to survive.

We all want the team to be successful, but we have to recognise the financial position we are in and the future of the club comes first. 

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2012, 03:33:54 PM »
When I say changes I mean changes.

People seems to be seeing everything in a black and white manner.  To get better we MUST spend more.  I don't see it that way, I see the resources we have not being used well enough.

If we had the squad playing at its absolute best week in week out and we were mid-table then we would need to add to it (in number or quality) but quite simply its not.  Its a good squad playing inconsistently and making repeated mistakes, fixing those two things don't need a kings ransom!

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2012, 04:08:10 PM »
I think it still stands we're that annoying 1 or 2 changes away from being a very good side.  We've never really addressed the loss of Wilson who looked quality and we're over reliant on youth in the centre of defence.  Two things that could be fixed overnight if the right players came up.  I suppose the Haystead thing now means we need a reliable keeper too.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2012, 07:01:41 PM »
Wages as low as 80 pound is not gonna bring any decent players to boston. 80 pound maybe okay in the city where there is hat fulls of players that don't need to travel far but i would not fancy a hour here and back for that