Author Topic: Blame the crowd!  (Read 8898 times)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Blame the crowd!
« on: December 01, 2012, 05:52:59 PM »
Totally agree with Ross on the radio!Get off the players backs etc
Up the pilgrims!

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Re: Blame the crowd!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 05:57:04 PM »
Well where I was sat in the stand there was nothing but encouragement..........

Some turned on the manager after the 3rd goal but the support for the team was there all afternoon.

Seenbetter

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 06:01:50 PM »
Agree with NFs. I think people no longer blame the players but do blame the management of the team. We have a good band of players but how they are used is in question.

pilgrim4life

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 06:08:09 PM »
just another excuse that isnt going to wash with me im afraid. Another poor home performance on the back of the rubbish i witnessed on tuesday. How do they expect us to be upbeat about anything. They soon wont have to worry as they will only have about 500 going through the gate if that rubbish continues.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 06:10:05 PM »
500 ? What's the capacity at Boston Town nowadays  :D

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 06:11:45 PM »
From reading the posts about todays game, I'm pleased I'm stuffed up with a cold and couldn't work up the enthusiasm to attend. :)

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 06:49:02 PM »
From reading the posts about todays game, I'm pleased I'm stuffed up with a cold and couldn't work up the enthusiasm to attend. :)

That makes two of us.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 07:32:41 PM »
the crowd have been pee poor all season, today it took until 5mins from the end of the first half for the first chants to go up. yet these same people moan on here about things. maybe some of your hot air could actually be used to boost the team from the off right the way through.  after all, most are wanna be managers on here.  i blame the crowd totally, does nobody actually think what effect it has on these players not to be backed and boosted ??  ???

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2012, 07:40:21 PM »
Speak as you find, but I've found the crowd in the stand to be very patient and supportive........

But the atmosphere's been terrible for ages, even going back to the start of last season.

Its almost as if the Play Off defeat sucked all the momentum out of the support and we've not recovered from it.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2012, 07:54:22 PM »
Speak as you find, but I've found the crowd in the stand to be very patient and supportive........

But the atmosphere's been terrible for ages, even going back to the start of last season.

Its almost as if the Play Off defeat sucked all the momentum out of the support and we've not recovered from it.

That's exactly how it's felt adding the fact we're now what seems a mid-table team the atmosphere in the ground has totally gone, shame really because I won't say we was the most vocal fans during the the promotion season and the play-off season but we got behind our boys when it was needed, but right now nobody seems "up for it"

But then again I know like many who will stand in the Town End if a certain group don't chant the rest don't and if "others" start chants plenty don't join in cos the "ring leaders" aren't the ones starting those chants.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2012, 08:19:48 PM »
Sadly the backing witnessed by N/F  in the F I stand is not reflected by some on the Spayne terrace , maybe next season will be time for me to request a transfer .

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2012, 08:22:16 PM »
Ohhhhhh!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o

Controversial stuff but its been like that for years mate. I remember a few fans getting really pissed off at somewhere like Farnborough or Woking in the Conference, they joined in when X started the chants but when they stared a song X and his mates stood there staring at them like it was their job to get the support singing, no one else's.......

Personally I thought we supported BUFC and not personalities in the support, but it seems its not the case, a very sad state of affairs when the team really needs all the vocal encouragement it can get.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2012, 08:25:25 PM »
thing is, you have to question why when we play the bigger teams ie: chester, halifax, gainsboro the fans are vocal throughout, and also vocal away from home. if they can be like that during these games then why not at home in every game ? maybe we do need someone to gee us up so to speak. bring back a rocking rev type person at the start of each half. something needs to be done though,for at the moment there is more life in a morgue.

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2012, 08:27:40 PM »
just another excuse that isnt going to wash with me im afraid. Another poor home performance on the back of the rubbish i witnessed on tuesday. How do they expect us to be upbeat about anything. They soon wont have to worry as they will only have about 500 going through the gate if that rubbish continues.

with respect,whatever the game was,it certainly WASNT RUBBISH....I saw the second half as very entertaining end to end stuff as they say....if you were a neutral you couldnt complain abiut getting value for money.....Sure BUFC aint in a very good position at the moment...weve got the players,its just the manager and his tactics (taking off a centre forward and bringing on 2 wide players FFS) which are open to question...BUT IT WASNT RUBBISH...

Tony Goor

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2012, 08:31:02 PM »
If you go to a concert, and the singer does not perform, the crowd are quiet.  Just the same if a comic is telling all the old things you've heard before.

The crowd will cheer and encourage if there is something to cheer.  It is so obvious, I can't believe this is even being talking about after today's – and other recent performances.  Boston fans will get behind the team when they are playing well.  Once more, particularly in the first half there was very limited action, especially goalmouth action . . . the crowd was quiet, in fact they were cold and stunned!