Author Topic: Season over, time for change  (Read 22174 times)

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Season over, time for change
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2012, 01:11:08 PM »
Sack the manager just because we lost in the FA Trophy and are 5 points off the play-offs (with games in hand) ?

If we were top of the league but had overspent, would that be better ?

How about we all support Chelsea and just be done with it.

DL

I dont think you need to overpsend mate you just need use the money we have better bring in players that can do a job if they cant bring in someone else the ball comes through our midfield time and time again

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2012, 01:41:49 PM »
 "S & H on a  small budget at Grimsby " Not according to Grimsby folk .   Work it out for yourselve LRPA ,   gates ave 4000 and still John Fenty pumping almost £!million a year into club .
Remember the posters on here constantly gribing S & H "not up to the job , tacticly inept
etc ."   not to mention the rose tinted glasses I and a few other posters at the time were accused of wearing .     Keep up the good work S & H.

Fans tend to overlook the real problem ie. we are playing in a stadium we cannot afford .

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2012, 01:50:45 PM »
I think we are getting sidetracked from the issue here. The budget is what it is. So its a pointless topic. Its how you use the money you have. I think we have some very good players. Just dont think they are being managed very well

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2012, 01:58:27 PM »
Like Johny Pilgrim I disagree with N/F comment "at present the club has no credibility in the town "
 In all the years supporting the club I cannot recall the credibility of the club being higher than it is under Chestnuts ,  I think to say otherwise is a disgrace .
 Think what you like about the team .

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2012, 02:04:56 PM »
Well i never metioned credibility. I was just saying any point about the budget is irrelevent as it is what it is

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2012, 02:12:06 PM »
Your right Big M the budget is what it is ,  That makes it difficult to attract managers to the club and as with every other club the finances will get tighter .
A timely reminder of what gratitute me owe Graig Singleton .
If you read my posting Big M you will see I did not refer to you re :credibility .

Old yellow

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2012, 02:16:17 PM »
Unfortunately good coaches do not always become good managers, often they are to close to the players and fail to gain the right level of respect/fear to achieve maximum performance from the players.

The question is can we afford to get rid of him while he still has a contract to be paid off,then the demands of a new manager which no doubt would be greater still,and the money required by any new manager to freshen up the squad with players they prefer.

The answer is not until the end of the season when the true value of the man will be known, then any new manager can access which players he wants without putting us further into debt than we already are.

Unless of course someone comes along and invests huge amounts of money which they know they will never get back.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2012, 02:17:30 PM »
I apologize GHM I dont think a budged can just used as an excuse though for accepting any rubbish thats displayed though

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2012, 05:45:53 PM »
So anyone on here who shows discontent is showing themselves up. It would appear we should just use the sports club, support the reserves or youth teams and shut up and put up with the first team. So heres the question, just managing a draw on Saturday and being played off the pitch last night by a team 2 leagues lower than ourselves, is that that the teams fault (selected by the manager) or the managers fault. All that booeing at the substitution on Saturday must have told somebody something.
Seems to me that I should be supporting a community/charity club than a football club ! I'm not bothered what's going on off the field I pay to watch a football match!
The main income comes from the performances from the football match not a stand up comedian in a club.Yes we do need these events to generate income!

BUFC T.I.D

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2012, 05:49:48 PM »
KON & NF right you wont like it but ffs yes we have lost and are out to be honest we should have lost Sat. KON you must be some football wizard slagging of JL fans.NF you said we were awful last Tues, once again you werent there. However thats irrelivent we all want success, but facts are facts.

We have a young team, relatively inexperienced, and fairly local and try to play football. We have a manager that doesnt makes false promises and Ive said it before knows the club inside out, if you not sure dont bitch a reply and show yourself up.

Im sure most on here know our budget is below teams below us less than fifteen miles away, with crowds of less than hundred.

So do we get rid, and get someone nasty as NF says what happened last time , say no more , and all you do is bitch the past. If we do new players false promises, big speeches not happening. As for crowds the town is like most clubs struggling, look at crowds everywhere, Lincoln, Grimity. I will continue backing club and manager.

Last Thurs, in clubhouse another top night with a legend, and comedian fuly booked, youth teams doing well, reserve team well supported, look at the bigger picture. Fergie if im right  lost his first five and still there.

I have to agree with Fishtoft Crew, he is totally right in what he says, you can't comment if you wasn't there N/F.

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2012, 06:18:48 PM »
Nice post. C'mon you Pilgrims!  :)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2012, 07:32:39 PM »
I was just saying any point about the budget is irrelevent as it is what it is

Historically the budget, like most things, isn't what it is  :dan

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2012, 12:06:19 AM »
The idea that we should put up with poor management because our budget is low is ludicrous. Look at S&H at Grimsby. For their league they apparently have a small budget and look where they are. What we need is someone with innovation and energy, someone who can spot decent players and mould them into a team. Jason Lee has proved he is not that man.

Ha pull the other one RE: Grimsby's budget. They've some good players in that side, it's not the nobodies from former clubs we won promotion with. They've hand picked the best we and they played against last year.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2012, 09:58:53 AM »
Same old comments all year. We have some decent players, being poorly managed. I dont know why DN thinks JL is still the right man, but he must realise the facts----

lower gates, complete frustration at some performances, little passion from the touchline by JL, inability to sell the club to get better players to want to come and play for Boston Utd.

Will he act on them. I hope so, because like me there are lots of fans very very annoyed with how far we have sunk, and they will stop going until something positive happens. I know we are not too many points off the play offs, but in this league we should be in the top 4, we are light years behind several clubs this year.
                                                                                                                                    We need a new manager who has passion for the club, can get players to come who want to play for us, we have seen several excellent players in other teams this year, so dont tell me they are not out there.

Its all right other people saying well who would you get to manage the team-- thats not my job-- its called being in charge of the club. I believe there are loads of people out there that fit the bill to come here and do what is necessary to sort this mess out. So come on DN your are the right man to lead this club, but please get us the right manager.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2012, 10:56:31 AM »
Yes come on DN - let's do it Chelsea style.

How will there ever be another Alex Ferguson if managers get sacked every year or every two years ? Let's build for the long term.

And as for passion from the sidelines, this means nothing. Most Premiership managers rarely get animated during a game. Passion on the sidelines doesn't necessarily equate to success on the pitch - just look at Rotherham. They have the most animated management duo in football.

DL
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 03:46:05 PM by Daniel Lambert »