Author Topic: For the attention of our central midfield.......................  (Read 2832 times)

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
For the attention of our central midfield.......................
« on: November 24, 2012, 06:14:37 PM »
Please please please try to stop passing it first time. You aren't good enough to do it.

Time after time, you try to move the ball on without taking a touch when under no pressure at all. And, time after time you put it out of play, or gift possession to the opposition.

It has been happening all season, and I'm sick of it. Until you improve your technique, do the simple thing, not look for the "Hollywoood" pass all of the time.

Thanks awfully.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: For the attention of our central midfield.......................
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 08:34:16 PM »
There was a lot of space in midfield, but our players appeared reluctant to move into it preferring to play the long ball, which then came straight back. Either that or play it across the field with two or three passes before the big hoof upfield, with the same result.  ???

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 10:17:44 PM »
Please please please try to stop passing it first time. You aren't good enough to do it.

Time after time, you try to move the ball on without taking a touch when under no pressure at all. And, time after time you put it out of play, or gift possession to the opposition.

It has been happening all season, and I'm sick of it. Until you improve your technique, do the simple thing, not look for the "Hollywoood" pass all of the time.

Thanks awfully.

with respect,dont you realise that football tactics today and methods are evolving all the time...if you dont try new techniques like first time passing you will never know if you are good enough to do it....and practise seems to be the only way to find out....most teams play nowadays with at least one holding midfield player and fast interchanging midfielders who ping the ball around quickly...SO all credit I say to JL and his team for trying it out...
Ive seen most BUFC games this season and I have to say that we seem to give the ball away not in those vital midfield positions but when HAystesd boots it up field or into touch as he often does...

We must remember we are watching Conference football at York Street not PRemiership football at OLd Trafford,White Hart Lane or Anfield....

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 10:48:06 PM »
The level of football has nothing to do with it - it's about doing the basics right. Do the simple thing and keep possesssion instead of finding a man in space - in the stand.

Until they can pass it first time with accuracy, take a touch, two if needs be, and pass it to someone in an amber shirt.

If you can't see what they are doing wrong, make a point of watching how many times they give away possession in the next home match. Go on, specifically watch, and then tell me whether more first time passes find the man, or cause the move to break down.

I know what the answer will be.

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 09:13:23 AM »
The level of football has nothing to do with it - it's about doing the basics right. Do the simple thing and keep possesssion instead of finding a man in space - in the stand.

Until they can pass it first time with accuracy, take a touch, two if needs be, and pass it to someone in an amber shirt.

If you can't see what they are doing wrong, make a point of watching how many times they give away possession in the next home match. Go on, specifically watch, and then tell me whether more first time passes find the man, or cause the move to break down.

I know what the answer will be.

Thats the beauty of football......its a simple game but different people see it different ways....Im not necessarily disagreeing with what you say,but my point is that the game,generally speaking,is evolving and tactics and methods are changing...what worked once,may not apply and work now....Im particularly thinking about the almost prehistoric football that we have seen served up at YS in the past....its good to see that our 433 has evolved into a perhaps more sucessful 422...

Onwards and upwards...

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 09:32:05 AM »
Ah the new 422 way. You referring to when we go down to 9?