Author Topic: F.A.Cup 1st Round Qualifier..(Potential Banana Skin ?)  (Read 8305 times)

sparks

• View Profile
F.A.Cup 1st Round Qualifier..(Potential Banana Skin ?)
« on: September 11, 2009, 05:26:19 PM »

I have taken time to glance through the predicition thread for tomorrows fixture
   against Loughborough Dynamo and find some of the predicted results a little hard
   to take on board. I know of Dynamo Manager John Folwell and he will have
   prepared his squad well, irrespective of the influential players he will be missing
   through suspension. He quotes in the local sports page that his men will be licking
   their lips at turning out at the 6,643 capacity York Street in front of a crowd 10 times
   as great as to what Dynamo are used to. Assistant Manager Mike McLaron spoke of
   the fixture being the biggest one in the Clubs history,there will be potentially a big
   crowd and there will be a great atmosphere.It's these kind of games that players
   should aspire to,the set up at Boston is a world apart from that at Loughborough
   with the structure of a profesional club still in place.
   Goalkeeper Matt Nurse is one of the three suspended players along with influential
   midfielder Karl Noble, however the Dynamo Management have been quick to react
   to the problem and have recruited keeper Richard Bredice an 18yr old from Lincoln
   City. I personally think we will be to strong for them but Folwells men will play 95mins.
Simplicity is Genious...... Never touch an Electrician with no eyebrows.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: F.A.Cup 1st Round Qualifier..(Potential Banana Skin ?)
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 06:01:39 PM »
Well we play for 96 ;)
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

sshh u no hoo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 07:22:34 PM »
I cant see any upset here. Such a result will not only see daggers coming out from everywhere, it could seriously damage team moral & confidence not to mention uprising from the stands

No, no, no, it cant happen, 4-1

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 07:32:59 PM »
Potential Banana Skin, is a fair point.

For many teams playing at York Street this a the big one in their calendar and they are more than motivated to turn the tables on the 'big boys'. However, I think the management team will be well prepared for this and not allow complacency to creep in.

milo1972

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 09:37:58 AM »
Potential banana skin featuring Matlock and Sleaford Town.
Lets all wish Sleaford Town well and hope they progress.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 09:45:08 AM »
We'll be alright today. We're Boston United. The odd mishap against Hitchin, Hyde United, Welling United, Leyton Wingate, Hinckley Town, Matlock Town, Tamworth, Aveley, Canvey Island, Heybridge Swifts, Wisbech, Elmey, Ilkeston Town, Congleton Town, Tiverton Town, Brigg Town and Gateshead aside, we don't allow ourselves to get knocked out of cup competitions by lower league opposition.

Pilgrim21

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2009, 10:02:22 AM »
My prediction....6-0 to BUFC wasn't based on any disrespect to Loughborough just a belief that, whatever team we put out today, H&S will get a reaction from them. Plus the 3 suspensions that were likely.
I wish that Leicester Pilgrim hadn't reminded me about that Brigg match though. I've tried to wipe that from my memory for years.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2009, 11:35:38 AM »
Potential banana skin featuring Matlock and Sleaford Town.
Lets all wish Sleaford Town well and hope they progress.
Being played at Belper..!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2009, 11:56:39 AM »
I would hazard a guess most are basing their predictions on the Glapwell & Kidsgrove cup results from last season (6-0 & 6-1). Myself I think it'll be more like the Stamford cup game where we won 2-1 despite being out of sorts.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2009, 12:27:31 PM »
 With a good ref    .. ?
   I expect the likes of Newsham especially to be well among the goals ..
     Aren't some of our squad based in Louthboro .. ?