Author Topic: Boston United versus Solihull Moors  (Read 12682 times)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Boston United versus Solihull Moors
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2012, 10:23:30 PM »
Great effort tonight. Onward, Skelmersdale on the horizon.  :)
I think he/she is taking the piss Tony!

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2012, 10:30:42 PM »
 ;) did't see you tonight king or is it queen? Past your bedtime me thinks   :dan
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 10:34:13 PM by Myleftfoot »
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

Seenbetter

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2012, 10:37:06 PM »
Gosh that was close, we nearly won. JL snatched defeat from the jaws of victory again. I'm going to say it even though some folk don't agree but why are we putting a young feller on the pitch who just seems to run around like a rabbit. I am told that quite often a team down to 10 men can outplay and beat a team of 11. Perhaps we should try it instead of putting a young lad on who is clearly not up to the mark, YET. Thank goodness DS wasn't on the bench 'cos I'm sure he would have got a game. Don't know about coughing up for the Skem game, I predict they will win. Please prove me wrong.

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2012, 10:40:35 PM »
Keep the faith  :)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2012, 10:50:44 PM »
Seeingbetter who are you referring to?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2012, 10:54:28 PM »
DS  dyer straits to us regular fans .

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2012, 10:56:38 PM »
You didn't notice the question mark KON?

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2012, 10:58:30 PM »
That was garbage tonight. Spent most of the second half trying to see out the game, that's fair enough away at Halifax or Stalybridge but at home to Solihull it's just not good enough.

All the hard work of getting results at places like that is undone with results like tonight  :(

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2012, 10:58:51 PM »
Played well all game for me only for Solihul to take their only real chance in the 92nd minute inevitably punishing us for missed chances to kill the game off. No bad performances today but no outstanding ones and we finally got that draw...

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2012, 11:24:23 PM »
And me Carl enjoyed it. Big strong team against a passing team.In the last minute Newsh misses by a whisker after a great passing move, then we concede against their second serious effort of the half (there first was a cracker ala Ross free kick.) Newsh scores all great we concede and we were holding on.We created several good chances throughout the game and several players could have had mom, Wardy local lad, Stanners local lad, Rossy great player class act, Jones ex Deeping, and man of the match Reedy a schoolkid local lad. At half time applauded off at the end a guy stood next to me and said what a load of xxxxxxxx rubbish I just could not believe it. Anyway had a few in the Red Cow and agreed all round we were robbed in the last few seconds.Some you win some you lose, but no faulting the performance tonight.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2012, 11:27:31 PM »
They offered nothing, absolutely nothing and yet we contrived to give them something. Newsham had more chances than he will have in a month normally. God this side can be frustrating at times.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2012, 11:31:58 PM »
Anyone know what a bloke from Spayne terrace was complaining to the Stewards about ?

BosLeake

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2012, 12:05:22 AM »
Cannot blame JL tonight for players missing chances or for lack of passion from the dug out and also made subs at the right times.

The side is developing and would rather have upcoming young players than over the hill types.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 12:07:49 AM by BosLeake »

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2012, 03:54:08 AM »
Anyone know what a bloke from Spayne terrace was complaining to the Stewards about ?
I think he was complaining about their number six, who made several gestures towards the crowd after their equaliser.

As for the match, very frustrating I just feel we should be finishing teams like this off at home, we seem to sit so deep at time and when we get the chance to break, the attack is not supported quick enough. There were lots of times where crosses were delivered to an empty box.
2 points most definatley dropped tonight, and whats with all the injuries? Why is SWD injured he's had 3 weeks off, whats happenened to Silk again? All these injuries seem to happened during training and I think it is costing us and is not giving the management a chance to have a settled side................ I still dont know what our best 11 is!
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2012, 07:56:20 AM »
That was garbage tonight. Spent most of the second half trying to see out the game, that's fair enough away at Halifax or Stalybridge but at home to Solihull it's just not good enough.

All the hard work of getting results at places like that is undone with results like tonight  :(

with respect you were obviously not at the same game as me last night....it WASNT garbage as you say IMO....it was a spirited performance by a relatively young and inexperienced team the majority of are still learning their trade....its true that we lack the ability at present to see a game out as they say.....that will hopefully come in time....whatever it was,,it definately wasnt garbage...