Author Topic: Boston United versus Solihull Moors  (Read 12697 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Boston United versus Solihull Moors
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2012, 10:30:40 PM »
No one should blow a gasket over a game of football!!    Lighen up , it,s only a game .
Much more important things in life to complain about .

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2012, 10:34:01 PM »
Right GHM ! Better things to waste £12 on than watching football !

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2012, 10:34:37 PM »
Ha!

Tell me about.......football is only a game, life's far more precious......... :'(

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2012, 01:54:08 PM »
Back to the football though. It wasnt very good. If we cant out run a pub side looking defence that was a few stone over weight then it says something. Second half i was just bored

bluenose

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2012, 03:22:46 PM »
http://www.bufc.drfox.org.uk/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=186

DL, I can not agree with you more, all season i don't think i have seen a diagonal pass to our wingers to run on too and use their pass to get behind teams.
it is as you said a big huff up down the centre of the pitch which 9 times out of 10 the opposition deals with ease. IMO for what is worth.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2012, 03:36:15 PM »
Why should you have to explain yourself though Ian to someone you don't know?

We all say things in frustration, I know if I'd shown the commitment to the club you have over the years I'd have blown a gasket ages ago.
I shouldn't and normally wouldn't Andy. However if I criticise, which is few and far between I normally am constructive. As the garbage comment wasn't then I elaborated.

To be honest I know you don't rate Jason but I do, but I think he's got his tactics wrong in the last couple of games. Against Guiseley who are free scoring we needed to keep it tight but went a bit gung ho and paid the price. Against Solihull they offered nothing all first half so should have gone all out at them, but second half we defended too deep and again ultimately paid the price. It's like he's played the wrong tactics for the wrong teams.

I think he'll learn as will the team, the problem is those 4 stupid defeats in a row early doors has left us playing catch up so we can't afford slip-ups like Tuesday, whereas if we'd taken a few points in some of those games it wouldn't have been so critical.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 03:40:01 PM by woad_pilgrim »

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2012, 03:42:17 PM »
No one should blow a gasket over a game of football!!    Lighen up , it,s only a game .
Much more important things in life to complain about .
ghm, if it is only a game why do you spend so much time on here? For me it's a passion but is also a release from the stresses of work. I'd guess it's the same for a lot of people.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2012, 03:42:44 PM »
I like you wp also rate Jason, problem is seeming lack of tactics is costing us. Strange how in some of the big games he gets it so right then like tuesday gets it so wrong  ???

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2012, 04:11:34 PM »
I spend time on here because I enjoy reading and discussing the many differing opinions of aspects of the game .  I have supported Boston for 65 years and seeing I agree and often back many of your posts gives me confidence to elaborate on other peoples comments . 
 And yes I shall have to agree with you again WP,  I recall when I had a highly demanding job standing on Spayne terrace was a great outlet to relieve tension .  No Patter in those days but  if there had been I,d like to think by the time i got home and on the keyboard the tension had dispersed .
Moving on , as with S&H  pleased to join you again in backing Newtons choice of management . 
Keep up your top class posts even if it means me taking the flack at times .