Author Topic: Boston United versus Solihull Moors  (Read 12699 times)

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Boston United versus Solihull Moors
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2012, 07:59:39 AM »
Great effort?!?  Went to sleep second half. Got what the team deserved

sorry Tony,but I disagree....perhaps it wasnt a great effort in the second half but it was still a good effort by our very young team against a very experienced a much physically stronger team against whom we had failed to score,or beat,in recent seasons.....
Id say we were unlucky...

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2012, 08:58:04 AM »
Boston should have been well ahead by the end, but it wasn't the young players who let the side down.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2012, 12:15:42 PM »
That was garbage tonight. Spent most of the second half trying to see out the game, that's fair enough away at Halifax or Stalybridge but at home to Solihull it's just not good enough.

All the hard work of getting results at places like that is undone with results like tonight  :(

with respect you were obviously not at the same game as me last night....it WASNT garbage as you say IMO....it was a spirited performance by a relatively young and inexperienced team the majority of are still learning their trade....its true that we lack the ability at present to see a game out as they say.....that will hopefully come in time....whatever it was,,it definately wasnt garbage...
Garbage was perhaps the wrong word on the back of a frustrating night. I actually think we have a team that is capable of much more than we are saw last night. I'm in the minority but I have been happy with most performances since the Oxford City debacle even if the results in some of those games haven't been what we all wanted.

Last night we played a team that was toothless up front and at the back they were slow and indecisive. So I expected the team to go all out for goals. What we saw was the team sit deep for virtually the whole second half and it became more and more about seeing the game out rather than scoring more goals, even though we did carve out a few chances. As I said last night that's fine when we play away against better sides but Solihull were woeful last night and there for the taking IMO.

I try to be positive but all the good recent results against the better sides will count for nothing if we don't beat sides like Solihull especially at home. We have more of the same coming up, Gloucester, VM and Corby. If we have any aspirations of play-offs then we need to beat these teams.

Seenbetter

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2012, 12:22:59 PM »
Sorry KoN should have made myself clearer. I was referring to young Sanders. I prefer him to DS but when you are trying to win a game, get three points and increase attendances I don't think that putting the poor feller in the mix is fare on him (is it fare or fair, cant remember). You and many others probably don't agree with me. It's no good saying you have to give the young ones a run out when winning the game is more important. To me he just doesn't look a first team player yet. I suppose we have to put it down to money again, in which case we will be a middle of the league side for another half season. I have to say that when I see DS or Charlie put on it makes me think we are trying to give the opposition a chance to win or draw. Sorry but thats how I feel, wish I could be more positive. Just to show you I am not a doom and gloom merchant I think the rest of the team are doing well, especially the defence. I am certainly not blaming him for the draw last but we are very often onthe defensive for the last quarter of  many of our games.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2012, 12:26:28 PM »
Solihull now unbeaten in seven games - a run that includes wins against Bradford PA, Altrincham and Guiseley. Perhaps they also had an off-night.

DL

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2012, 12:38:56 PM »
Their number 11 looked quite handy.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2012, 01:11:52 PM »
Our two central defenders can't pass the ball and most of the time don't look comfertable on the ball, which results in them usually hoofing it upfield, only for it to come straight back putting us under pressure.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2012, 01:46:10 PM »
I agree Tash.

At times we are knocking it about really well - short little passes, triangles etc but only for about 30% of the time. Then for some reason we just hoof it up towards Jones. On the whole we don't seem comfortable with possession - or use the width of the pitch well. Perhaps it's becasue when we start knocking it across the back, the crowd get all anxious and it just then gets launched !

DL

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2012, 02:36:01 PM »
Sorry KoN should have made myself clearer. I was referring to young Sanders. I prefer him to DS but when you are trying to win a game, get three points and increase attendances I don't think that putting the poor feller in the mix is fare on him (is it fare or fair, cant remember). You and many others probably don't agree with me. It's no good saying you have to give the young ones a run out when winning the game is more important. To me he just doesn't look a first team player yet. I suppose we have to put it down to money again, in which case we will be a middle of the league side for another half season. I have to say that when I see DS or Charlie put on it makes me think we are trying to give the opposition a chance to win or draw. Sorry but thats how I feel, wish I could be more positive. Just to show you I am not a doom and gloom merchant I think the rest of the team are doing well, especially the defence. I am certainly not blaming him for the draw last but we are very often onthe defensive for the last quarter of  many of our games.
Agree with you! A decent lincs league player but not BSN yet!

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2012, 03:45:28 PM »
THis is one that got away for sure, they were poor and maybe made us look better than we are,they will have to watch sander's,he came on thinking he had every right to be there,i thought reed had a good game but not sold on him yet by a long way,our midfield and defence never seem to be on the same radar lack of idea's how to play the ball out,that his one area we never seem to change,our bench is never strong enough to make them on the pitch work harder,having said all that i think we will still be in play off's (one more c/back and c/mid for backup) ;)

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2012, 06:17:59 PM »
I realise 2nd half we were more intent on seeing the game out than trying to win it, but why was it necessary for everyone to go back in defence for a throw in from Solihull?  surely that's just inviting them to come and win the game! ???

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2012, 07:10:43 PM »
Our two central defenders can't pass the ball and most of the time don't look comfertable on the ball, which results in them usually hoofing it upfield, only for it to come straight back putting us under pressure.

They pass it a damn sight better than Solihulls who generally just put it out of play or to Ross.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2012, 07:18:00 PM »
For me I thought we'd be in trouble when the subs they brought on were as big if not bigger than the rest oif the team and our's were smaller than those coming off.  All Solihull offered was a hoof to the big blokes up top.  Jones looked somewhat off the pace last night and I thought he might be still carrying an injury.  I also thought some of the Boston football build up was excellent only to be let down by some wayward finishing.  By the time they got a the equaliser Boston should and easily could have been 4 up.

To say that was garbage is a joke, frustrating yes, as all last minute equalisers are.  Another point I'd make is I did not think the free kick leading to the first goal was even a foul Ward got the ball and the Referee made numerous dubious decisions in Solihulls favour which aided them a lot.  

Marshall played well throughout but must take a share of the blame for the last goal as he was so tight to the big lad he got rolled though the defending and keeping after that was equally poor.

Reed was superb throughout but with two crocked strikers we need someone in to support Newsham who equally worked his socks off.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2012, 09:28:44 PM »
I've already explained that the garbage remark was out of frustration. Personally I still don't think we played very well. I never fail to be intrigued by the wide range of opinions when we all watch the same match.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2012, 10:13:36 PM »
Why should you have to explain yourself though Ian to someone you don't know?

We all say things in frustration, I know if I'd shown the commitment to the club you have over the years I'd have blown a gasket ages ago.