Author Topic: "FAO Cookie" posting  (Read 14888 times)

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
"FAO Cookie" posting
« on: September 10, 2009, 06:30:40 PM »
Ken, what happened to the post to Cookie regarding the Pilgrim Lounge?
Some very good points in it and I intended to further support some of the issues.
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: "FAO Cookie" posting
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 07:55:31 PM »
Not sure. I've not deleted it, although I did consider it as it was rather petty.

So either the originator has deleted it themselves or my other board administrator has.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 08:36:39 PM »
I would have thought a pm to Cookie would have been the way to go on this subject.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 09:02:54 PM »
Must have been the originator.

It was not rather petty.  It was massively petty.

Shodfried

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 09:15:48 PM »
So its OK for a BUFC suit to get served after last orders but not a paying supporter and in all probability a season ticket holder who pays up front to support the team?

If I were in a pub and a suit got server after I'd been refused I'd have been put out too.

I agree that a pm would have been best but the fact remains one person was refused service and yet it seems a club tie gives you carte blance to roll up whenever and get served.

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 09:47:51 PM »
No.  Someone who had been working for the club had been doing so until A MINUTE past last orders so got a drink.  Perspective please.

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 09:52:32 PM »
Mmmmmmmmm ! perhaps someone is quashing disquiet? I've been regular in the bar for 15 years and alot of people are put out at recent happenings. Not petty I think. Very good for the Coach & Horses etc.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 09:58:02 PM by myleftfoot »
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

Shodfried

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 10:42:43 PM »
No.  Someone who had been working for the club had been doing so until A MINUTE past last orders so got a drink.  Perspective please.

But the fact remains one bloke was refused a drink after last orders and another got one.

That can't be right can it, regardless of circumstance?

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 10:17:35 AM »
Mate if this is the only thing we have to worry about currently then I'm a very happy man.  Fact is there are some people busting their balls to get the place off the ground for the benefit of the club and yeah there are always going to be bits that need sorting or changing (something Cookie has shown to take on board and sort from suggestions here) but let's not lose sight of the fact that people who were working for the club probably could not get there a minute before closing as, well, they were working for the club!

For someone to post the thing on here in such detail was, from my point of view, a brilliant demonstration of how some people get annoyed at the most ridiculous things. 

Terry dactyl

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009, 11:23:08 AM »
This surely must be an award for the "most pointless thread 2009 "  :-[

Boo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2009, 11:29:57 AM »
The gravy train has long since rolled out of town with the freeloaders and parasites onboard and those wearing the club tie today are doing so for the right reasons. Personally i would have stuck my hand in my pocket and bought the guy a pint.

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2009, 11:48:11 AM »
"All that is needed for the forces of evil to succeed is for enough good men to remain silent."      Attrib. Edmund Burke.

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2009, 11:50:38 AM »
Wasn't petty or pointless to the person who posted. Had a fair piont and every right to voice his concern. Cookie seems very responsive to criticism and I don't think anyone in the same position would have been happy in the same circumstances - the fact they work for the club is irrelevant. Either last orders have been called or they haven't.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2009, 04:35:18 PM »
Well they did pay to have it refurbished so they have every right to drink when they want to

PILGRIMS81

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2009, 05:41:23 PM »
I thought that freedom of speech issues had already been sorted on this forum? at the end of the day its the supporters who r doing their bit 4 the club and i think a response is needed just to clarify why 1 supporter of the club can't get a drink and a club official can. its only fair and as 1 poster has already said "it's looking good 4 the coach and horses"