Author Topic: RE: Staylybridge .  (Read 8839 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
RE: Staylybridge .
« on: October 30, 2012, 11:03:37 PM »
Anyone know the result ?

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Re: RE: Staylybridge .
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 11:08:54 PM »
Aye, what a result.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 11:13:37 PM »
Well done lads. Need to take this on to Saturday which will be tough with Gainsborough winning 5-0 tonight. Unless we can get someone in the next couple of days surely JL hasn't completely disgarded the idea of tie his laces up Sat with Jones and Smith injured tonight and Fairclough and SWD now out for three games.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 06:57:41 AM »
How utterly frustrating are this current side.........?

Superb result, that goes without saying.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 08:48:49 AM »
Personally for me it's too early to right off a play off place. Currently only four points between us and fifth, we have a basis for a very good side just need to sign an experienced defender and midfielder (Willson would have solved a lot of the problem) and learn how to win a game when we are having a bad day. Hopefully with a few now off the books we will see a new face or two soon.

mossleysmiffy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 08:53:14 AM »
worth a dabble:

www.sixtamesides.co.uk

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 09:10:17 AM »
Of our six wins, four have been away. One of our home wins was against Chester when few expected us to get a result; our only good performance in a 'normal' match was vs. Histon. I don't think it's any coincidence we play better away from our home crowd...

pilgrim4life

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 09:12:13 AM »
a brilliant dogged performance again. Thats another bogey ground dealt with, now just need to sort out home performances and get into the playoffs and get the home gates increasing. We definately need someone on loan up front for the next month tbh cause if jones is still injured for sat we will be struggling massively! Great win though.  

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 09:57:04 AM »
Of our six wins, four have been away. One of our home wins was against Chester when few expected us to get a result; our only good performance in a 'normal' match was vs. Histon. I don't think it's any coincidence we play better away from our home crowd...

+1, every away game I've been to they've been brilliant and tactically spot on every time.

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 10:42:56 AM »

+1, every away game I've been to they've been brilliant and tactically spot on every time.

Didn't go to Oxford then !  Just my luck to go to the one horror show.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2012, 06:40:59 PM »
We played a good 40 minutes at Oxford, between them scoring the first and half time...

Bishop's Stortford has been the only 90 minute poor away performance so far.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2012, 07:18:22 AM »
We played a good 40 minutes at Oxford, between them scoring the first and half time...

Twas at that one as well and as for Oxford the last 15 mins on the first half we conceeded free kick after free kick ...it was only a matter of time ...they were on top by the end of the half and nothing changed in the second.

jonathanBUFC

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2012, 10:12:16 AM »
Great result! Sounds like we Played really well! With regards to the 2 suspensions and jones may still be injured, we could bring a good striker in on loan, but don't forget we still have charlie sanders and Korey DS who could bring something to the team. They are young and don't have much experience at this level, but sanders has been doing well this season in the youth and both been doing well in the reserves and maybe even Nuttel. It's still an option if we need it, and it's their chance to show what they can do! even though eventually and deservingly so Stoke was back playing it's also a chance for him to show the gaffer what he can do and hopefully cement a place in the team.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2012, 04:10:32 PM »

Twas at that one as well and as for Oxford the last 15 mins on the first half we conceeded free kick after free kick ...it was only a matter of time ...they were on top by the end of the half and nothing changed in the second.

Northern based, so missed both the horror shows

pilgrim4life

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2012, 04:11:57 PM »
if them two play i wouldn't expect us to score against the good experienced players we have in the upcoming games!