Author Topic: Hurst and Scott...  (Read 3969 times)

woad_pilgrim

Hurst and Scott...
« on: September 09, 2009, 01:40:44 PM »
Are having the hardest test in there short reign as managers so far. Previously they have come through with flying colours when heavily critisized for:

a) releasing virtually all of last seasons squad
b) not rushing into sigining players for the sake of it, even though on here there was a lot of very anxious people putting them under pressure to do so

After a great start to the season with 3 wins and 2 draws, all very good performances and with a bit of luck could/should of been 5 straight wins, the team has stuttered somewhat. Saturday at Burscough was for me just 1 of those days when everyone had an off day (and I mean everyone). Last night however I think H&S got it wrong tactically and personnel wise. Tactically as everyone seems to agree the long ball just didn't work and the sooner we ditch this tactic the better. Personally I thought there where several tired performances Saturday against Burscough and I thought there should of been more changes last night (as I said on the Burscough thread).

Now we shall see exactly how good their management skills are after 2 very indifferent performances - I'm hoping they come through with flying colours like before and am optimistic they will.

Seenbetter

Re: Hurst and Scott...
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 02:05:12 PM »
Quite agree WP. It's not for them to explain their methods but get on with the job of getting the formation and tactics right. They must look at this forum (and I hope they do) and sometimes think what a load of bo**ocks. But I also think they take note of constructive criticism. Negative criticism is damaging to moral and should be avoided. They have done a great job so far and things will get better in all aspects of the club.
It's good how Cookie welcomes suggestions about the bar. It's good to be able to rub shoulders with NnK at the burger bar. But I will tell you this, it's bloody great to see the passion shown by HnS on the pitch.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 02:21:57 PM »
 Lets not get too touchy about critique ..it comes with education eh ?
  Are n' t we encouraged to question things when at school ?
   I  think theres hardly a really malicious poster on this site.
    Those who persisently rant strongly are soon flagged up by the majority and tend to disapear for much of the time.
     As has probably been  said . . a lot of this is due to expectation .
      Boston is an isolated workaday place to most of this Isle .. who may take notice  when we have a properly run football team doing well.

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 06:27:14 PM »
I think a major mistake was playing the two big lads from the start on Saturday, compounded by then not making the change at half time.

Loads of games to go yet though lets see where we are after 12 games, that will give a better guide to how it's progressing.

BU on the up

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 10:56:48 AM »
We've only lost one game so far and lets have it right, that was only because our keeper had a nightmare!! Getting our home form sorted I agree is important but any team in this division will come to our stadium and settle for a point so winning every game isn't going to be easy.

As said in a previous post H&S did overhaul the team at the start of the season so if we have played like we have so far - what are we going to be like when they all gel together?!

I think the FA cup tie this weekend has come a the right time as it will deliver us with our first home win of the season

Lets be positive!! The season is a long slog and we will no doubt be at the top of it come the end!!

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 11:05:20 AM »
Summed up beautifully above....we've lost one out of the opening seven.....as a school report would say, making good progress with excellent potential.

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 05:12:28 PM »
Summed up beautifully above....we've lost one out of the opening seven.....as a school report would say, making good progress with excellent potential.
      Could do better if pupils study Homework.