Author Topic: Two red cards...  (Read 6200 times)

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Two red cards...
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2012, 08:57:28 AM »
 For me neither Ivanovic or Torres should have been sent off. Regards to our attacking options the obvious replacements for with what we already have at our disposal have to Newsham and Jones up front with Smith and Stokes on the wings. I don't believe any of Sanders, Nuttell or KDS are ready to start a game at this level yet. Ideally we need to bring in a replacement for Willson which was very obvious Sat and a forward/winger on loan, although as JL has said it has to be the right player at the right price but that is his job. I am as pleased too see JL managing from the sidelines as anyone this season but maybe if we can't get anyone he would be our best bet off the bench whilst the suspensions are served. I'm not suggesting this should be the norm but an exception to the rule whilst we have a couple of forwards out. Jones is carrying an injury and if he isn't fit enough to play JL would probably be the best of what we have to provide the foil for Smith, Stokes and Newsham.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2012, 01:53:19 PM »
Torres should have been sent off for his initial booking - a bicep-high challenge.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2012, 11:16:43 PM »
I my opinion, a player shouldn't be booked if there was contact for 'simulation' as it is subjective as to whether the contact was enough to send him over.  It would leave it up to the referee to decide whether it is worthy of a free kick, but only book the player if he goes over with no contact.  I'd also like to see free kicks start to get given when a player doesn't need to go rolling over and over to get it.  Players will stop this going to ground nonsense if they start getting the offences when the try to stay upright.

In Torres case... no free kick but no booking.  The other one will nearly always be a red.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.