Author Topic: vs Worcester  (Read 9237 times)

Shippy92

• Just another Snapper...
    • View Profile
Re: vs Worcester
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2012, 01:29:09 PM »
Marks out of Ten. as I saw it !!!.

Newstead = 6
Jellyman  = 6
Ward       = 5
Stainfield = 6
Marshall   = 7
Fairclough= 5
Milnes      = 5
Ross        = 5
SW Daly   =5
Jones       = 6
Newsham = 6
sub Smith= 6

Jason Lee  = 5 Lack of subs, lack of passion shown on the touchline, might as well have a cardboard cut-out of Tommy Taylor, or let the fitness coach do the job.
Referee  = 6

I agree with the rest of the post, just not the bit about Jason Lee being a cardboard cut out. I tend to sit (on the pitch) a few yards away from him and can hear everything. I can assure you he is not cardboard cut out after hearing the comments he was making to their overweight no 10!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2012, 01:58:32 PM »
I can recall another ex-Forest striker up took up this cut-out pose as a manager .
He made slow but sure progress over 8 years in which he took Burton from the southern league and achieved football league status complete with excellent new stadium and tellingly no debts .

Also recall about same era a manager who could match the demands of these fans who
demand a noisey manager .   He took his team from the southern league to the football league in five years .  A new stadium was a high priority in his stay , but sadly the end product was no new stadium and a debt of £4 million , and effectifly demotion to the Unibond .   

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2012, 03:28:07 PM »
What a crap performance! First time I've sat in the fantasy island stand for donkey years! The performance was that bad I fell asleep at half time!Sat just behind JL and it seems the instructions were being ignored to me! Who's that disgraceful idiot sat at the back? About time the stewards ejected him!
Looking forward to standing with the happy clappers next week !

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2012, 04:23:31 PM »
What a crap performance! First time I've sat in the fantasy island stand for donkey years! The performance was that bad I fell asleep at half time!Sat just behind JL and it seems the instructions were being ignored to me! Who's that disgraceful idiot sat at the back? About time the stewards ejected him!
Looking forward to standing with the happy clappers next week !

Be nice to have you back!  ;)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2012, 04:58:07 PM »
I am not blameing defence for the loss;; but is it not the same line up as bazza had in front of him ?? and did  bazza not get the blame ((AND THE SACK ) :dan

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2012, 05:58:05 PM »
I can recall another ex-Forest striker up took up this cut-out pose as a manager .
He made slow but sure progress over 8 years in which he took Burton from the southern league and achieved football league status complete with excellent new stadium and tellingly no debts .

Also recall about same era a manager who could match the demands of these fans who
demand a noisey manager .   He took his team from the southern league to the football league in five years .  A new stadium was a high priority in his stay , but sadly the end product was no new stadium and a debt of £4 million , and effectifly demotion to the Unibond .   

Great Post, leave the pantomine for Blackfriars and concentrate on the football.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

shinnster

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2012, 07:11:39 PM »
Didn't Mr Newton say at the pre season forum that if we are not in the play offs or there abouts by christmas then heads will roll or am I mistaken

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2012, 07:55:47 PM »
Fact is we flatter to deceive....

We look brilliant against Chester, Massivefax and to a similar degree Alty.

But once again, at home, where the majority of the support judge us, we put in a performance that makes the word 'inept' look totally inadequate.

After the display and effort last week v Alty I hoped a corner had been turned. Sadly it looks like another dead end. Saturday was every bit as dispiriting as the Workington and Hinckley 'performances'.

I think the crowd have been incredibly supportive and patient with the manager, certainly I 'think' we've a better group of players than last season, however results wise this isn't being borne out. Which begs the question, is he the right man for the job?

Saturday is a massive game now, lose and we could be a point or so above the relegation places, win and we're back in mid table.

I'm wondering how much patience Dave Newton has, a gate of 877 on a Saturday in October does not bode well for the traditionally tough months of December and January, none of us know what the break even figure is but my guess is its well above the 1029 average we've currently got.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2012, 09:05:28 PM »
Having advertised the post on three occassions Newton will have seen the type of applicants that apply and maybe thinks the best option is to stick with Lee .  Like N/F
I think he,s got better players this season ,  hope he can finish the job by moulding
them into a team .   

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2012, 10:46:02 AM »
[quote author=green hats mate link=topic=3733.msg49245#msg49245 date=13514583
I think he,s got better players this season ,  hope he can finish the job by moulding
them into a team .   
[/quote] we have very good player's for sure ;;how much more time to mould them together i ask

BosLeake

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2012, 06:35:42 PM »
My first match for a while , still as bad at corners and free kicks, also we looked far too slow getting forward never have enough players in the box at the end of a move at home.

Sorry to say at the moment unless we can put a good run together the unhappy clappers are right same again , but there are still many matches to play.

Cheers All

« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 06:37:42 PM by BosLeake »

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2012, 01:20:06 PM »
Not sure that Worcester were that much better than us - probably just looked better because they were more willing to have a shot?  It was two poor teams and the quality deserved a 0-0 draw, but we made two basic errors (Haystead and Ward) and got lucky with our goal that was surely a foul on the keeper.  Worcester also should have had a pen before we equalised - looked like a clear foul to me.

As the game went on, there only looked like being one winner and that was Boston as we had a couple of decent chances, but then Wardy's naivety cost us.

Agree with DL about the kid abusing the linesman - no reason to behave like that, but it may also have cost us some decisions.  We had the same lineo last year (Nuneaton home game?) - he was abused all afternoon by one individual, tried to laugh it off by doing a bit of playing to the crowd, but then disallowed a last minute winning goal for us with a questionable offside.  We got little out of him again on Saturday, although at least he didn't give that pen!  Not sure if we got nothing because he's just not very good (always a bit wary of officials who play to the crowd too much), or because he had the hump with us?

We still need an experienced central defender who Ward & Stainfield can learn from.  At the moment, they can only learn from their mistakes, and that means ... they will make mistakes.  An experienced head alongside one of them could only help matters.  An experienced defender was the one thing I thought we missed out on in the summer and we need to address this if we're going to improve.

Marshall and, to a lesser extent, Jones were the only ones who did themselves any justice on Saturday - we need more than 2 players to perform tonight.  Two positives from Saturday were that Marshall had one of his best games for us and last season we would have lost that 3-0 so we more competitive this year even when playing badly.