Author Topic: Two red cards...  (Read 6199 times)

Boston Standard

• View Profile
Two red cards...
« on: October 22, 2012, 08:23:56 AM »
But will United appeal? Story -  http://tinyurl.com/98h44bw

Seenbetter

Re: Two red cards...
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 03:59:38 PM »
Doesn't it make you sick to the stomach that these clowns in black, who I can only imagine want to do the job because they want to have an ego trip, do not seem answerable to anybody for being complete plonkers with a whistle. The assessors who mark these folk should stay at home and do something useful because nothing seems to be achieved by their reports. It may matter a little bit about positioning during play but theres more to reffing than that. Some of them wouldn't know a foul if it was on a Sunday plate with potatoes and things around it and still had its feathers on (play on the word foul just there in case someones says I spelt it wrong). That chap on Saturday never even asked the other officials if they saw anything. I think he only saw the queen, sorry drama queen, on the floor. Perhaps he should be asked why was it that the two players to be sent off were the only two black players on the pitch at that time (feller next to me pointed that one out).
He missed a lot of very obvious fouls on Boston players to be credited with the word good. If Marshall had not jumped over the legs of the Alty player when he did then Alty may have been down to 10 men and Boston would have had a very injured player.
Had me rant. Bloody refs who don't know a foul when committed in front of them really get me going, you may have noticed. And SWD reaction when that red card was raised was 100% understandable.
Other than that the Boston United team wer brilliant and deserved a standing ovation for not giving up.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 04:03:39 PM by Seeingbetter »

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 05:37:29 PM »

Has a date yet been arranged for the Lincolnshire Senior Shield tie against Gainsborough Trinity?

If feasible, it'd be sensible to hastily arrange that tie for a midweek night during the time frame that the two players will be suspended. It's a pretty meaningless competition in the grand scheme of things, but it is a designated first team fixture and would count as one of the three games for suspension purposes. The alternative is to leave it until the end of the season, at which point the game will probably get in the way of other priorities (for both clubs).

Probably a daft idea as it'd probably need sanctioning by the Lincs FA. And when have the Lincs FA ever done anything for the good of its local clubs?

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 06:45:30 PM »
I had the same thought York Street Pilgrim a Mark Stein style cup game would be useful but i do believe the rules have changed so thast suspensions are served almost immediately. We have a home gsme in the league Sat, away in the league Tues then home again the following Sat, so if if they are both going to be suspended for three games then it looks like it will be three league games unfortunately.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 08:40:46 PM »
The bans take 14 days to come into effect at BSN/BSS and below, I think.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 08:02:00 AM »
I spoke to a old chap who actually saw the SWD incident. He said SWD tried to make a run to aid a United attack.

Their player stopped SWD's run and SWD pushed him in the chest.  The cheat went down as if he had been shot holding his face.

My mate shouted to the lino concerning the incident but by the time he looked all he saw was their player holding his face and going to ground.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 07:30:16 PM »
I spoke to a old chap who actually saw the SWD incident. He said SWD tried to make a run to aid a United attack.

Their player stopped SWD's run and SWD pushed him in the chest.  The cheat went down as if he had been shot holding his face.

My mate shouted to the lino concerning the incident but by the time he looked all he saw was their player holding his face and going to ground.

Perhaps your mate should have kept stum?  ;)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 08:30:36 PM »
That's what I said :D
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 03:11:09 PM »
So, suspensions will take place against Gainsborough, the FA Trophy fixture the following week (10th) and then Guiseley (unless we have a Trophy replay).

Not a great set of matches to lose two key individuals for. Can probably find a good replacement for Fairclough with Stokes but not sure who else would go up-front - and the squad could be exposed further if we pick up any injuries in the meantime.

DL

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 03:51:20 PM »
A loan striker for a month. Time to utilise the Forest connection, JL?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 07:10:36 PM »
A loan striker for a month. Time to utilise the Forest connection, JL?

I agree, but we have to be mindful of budgets. The alternative presumably is to pick himself as a player again. Not a long term solution I know, but I think Jason should give himself a bit of match time by playing for the reserves at Lincoln United on Friday night.

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 09:00:27 PM »
.....quite impressed with young Sanders when he came on....looked strong, a good eye for goal and not afraid to have a go.....give him go on Saturday?

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 11:02:25 PM »
Has JL officially retired from playing?   ;)

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2012, 09:16:53 PM »
Sanders isn't in the squad for the reserves tomorrow night, which leads you to suspect he'll play some part on Saturday...

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2012, 07:27:14 AM »
Going back to the original topic about the two red cards, I thought the Ivanovic one was probably the correct decision through Torres was unlucky.