Author Topic: Today  (Read 8911 times)

Seenbetter

Re: Today
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2012, 05:40:29 PM »
Remember we don't have a lot of money, Alty must have offered him more than we could afford. He clearly didn't want to give us very much.

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2012, 06:38:07 PM »
Agree with WP about the foul on Marshall. When the attack petered out all the ref did was shout across the area to their player to calm down.

Also I remember Jones (who was excellent as others have said) jumping out of the way when one of their players slid in and the referee did nothing. I was in the Townend so had no idea how close the Alty player was to Jones' shins, but it looked very similar to the Fairclough challenge...

With 11 I think we'd have won, with 10 maybe got a replay. But as N40s said on another thread, let's hope we carry on that spirit and form in the league and see where it gets us...

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2012, 07:13:48 PM »
Potentially a very good match spoiled very early by the man in black.

We were heading for a brilliant result until the ref sent off Fairclough for a tackle which probably only needed a yellow at most. Worse tackles were made by Alty which went unpunished. What made it shite was when their No. 3 got up and went over to the bench and high-fived with his mates. Right out of order.

The SWD card was for retaliation only and wasn't anything like as bad as their 'play-acting@ No. 8 made out.

I thought our team were superb.

Sorry Gus...I respect your view but I disagree....that man in black was one of the better ones we have had at YS this season IMO......SWD and BF should be relieved that Alty havent exactly drawn a plum tie in the next round....

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2012, 07:27:12 PM »
Both incidents happened in front of me,
Fairclough's tackle was reckless and looked worse because he followed through with both feet and did just catch him don't think the lad did it to hurt player just a honest attempt at getting ball not player.
SWD was hawled to the ground and as they got up the number2 was squeeling at the ref who turned and saw SWD shove the cheat in the chest he then did the Suarez and held his face to get a decision of a ref who had a bad game, the cheat had done his grappling twice before this incident and got away with it.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2012, 08:35:25 PM »
Have to disagree with NF the first tackle was full blooded the Alty fullback was favourite to win it but slowed up and eventually went over the tackle and conned the ref, I want to see winners who get stuck in, a little rash but not a red.

The ref spoiled the afternoon for me as it was shaping up to be a great game Alty looked quality up top but we seemed to be holding our own.But after the redcard it changed the dynamics of the tie. But credit to the team as we kept going. Not often I see us lose and go home impressed with how weve done. Final point as for the bench situation its clear JL is in touch with the reserves and how they are doing, Charley Sanders came on and did ok in what was an impossible situation, so credit to JL for that and to give the youths a chance.

Shippy92

• Just another Snapper...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2012, 11:04:04 PM »
Didnt really see the challenge that led to SWD being sent off but it was clear that their players made a meal of it. I am sick of seeing this kind of theatrics in football now to be honest.

With regards to the subs  - I think JL made the right choices in bring Dyer-Stewart and Sanders on. Lets face it, when we were down to 9 men he probably knew we were going to lose, so throwing on two young players who are hungry to make an impact on the first team was the right choice to be honest. Sanders was unlucky not to score but will have been a great experience for him to play none the less.

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2012, 12:56:10 PM »
JL has decided not to appeal against the two red cards....so I guess thats the end of this discussion as to whether they were red cards or not.....

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2012, 08:42:16 PM »
A selection of snaps:

Anyone know why Conor Marshall crosses his fingers?

More on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151286192514282.520625.570994281&type=1&l=56331acc50
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 08:44:47 PM by Ken Fox »