Author Topic: A golden opportunity thrown away....  (Read 8247 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: A golden opportunity thrown away....
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2012, 01:17:20 PM »
Agree with LCB and ceamboy , apart from ceamboys comment wishing we had "more with Jones workrate and enthusiasm",  bit harsh that Ken .  I think most of our players put in a fully committed performance .
But for the indiscretions of two players I think we would have had a long thread praising great performances from most the team ,with Jones , Ward and Stainfield maybe topping the list .

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2012, 03:34:32 PM »
I'm really beginning to like Jones, I thought once again his workrate was exemplary.

But Ward,Stainfield and Marshall all look like they've played together for ages.

At least we've positives to take from a disappointment, lets keep the league form going and see where we are at Xmas, if those application levels are kept up we'll be somewhere close to where we want to be.

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2012, 04:58:48 PM »
Jones is already a favourite with me, he works hard, and is always available. His scoring record is good. Just what we needed up front.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2012, 05:27:01 PM »
4 games in a row he's scored in, now.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2012, 07:48:16 PM »
Does JL have a "Plan B" for games, I may be in a minority of one, but Ithought that Newsh was rather anonymous in yesterdays game, and although Jones had nearly run himself into the ground I thought he would have been capable of seeing out the rest of the game, so I would have substituted Newsh for Stokes, who would have given us much pace on the wing than what Newsh offered, also like others I thought Rossi should have been taken off at half time, his passing went astray something rotten towards the end of the first half!!  Now I will go and hide in my bunker to avoid the flack :)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2012, 07:55:59 PM »
I think many will agree with you about Ross Ernie .
Totaly disagree about Newsham , thought he had an outstanding game ,   fairly apparent that after Faircloughs departure Newsham was instructed to play deeper and he adapted well .

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2012, 11:52:55 PM »
I like Newsham when he goes missing, he just slots in a ticks things over. The next time you see him, we're back at the half way line and their about to kick off again having conceded.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2012, 08:46:16 AM »
Entirely agree GHM.

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2012, 07:47:13 PM »
Got to agree with the title of this thread as there's no doubt in my mind that we would have won this game, the way we started.if we managed to keep 11 on the pitch.  The stupid thing is that we aren't a dirty side yet waited for our most important game of the season to lose control of discipline. Ben Fairclough's tackle was bad, though Matt Doughty No. 3 went down like he'd broken his leg.It Didn't seem nessecery to do such a tackle on the half way line, hopefully Ben will learn from this.That was a 50/50 ball and unfortunately Ben got to the ball first.   Like most people I didn't see the SWD incident though according to their players (Damien Reeves) he headbutted one of their players!  After the amount of times I've watched Spencer I can't believe he would do this as he's not that type of player .SWD gestured he was elbowed by their player who threw himself to the floor. Maybe we should get our fitness coach to give Jurgen Klinnsman style rolling round on the floor pretending we are injured lessons, as it seems to work for Alty .
Well there's always the FA Trophy !

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2012, 11:20:12 PM »
Fitness coach has trained movie stars I believe!