Author Topic: Are Pilgrims promotion contenders?  (Read 2984 times)

Boston Standard

• View Profile
Are Pilgrims promotion contenders?
« on: October 17, 2012, 08:56:00 AM »
Tom Ward believes so.... http://tinyurl.com/9ofqmab

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Are Pilgrims promotion contenders?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 10:05:56 AM »
In your dreams! We have a long way to go yet. Whilst we are inconsistent eg like against  Hinckley and Workington we will do well to finish in the top 10.

This does not detract from the excellent win on Saturday, but we just have to win more matches at home. 

Will know more by Christmas, best we can hope for is play offs, and IF we can get more consistency, win our home matches we might just make them

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 12:26:46 PM »
Yes, I hope we are becoming more consistent now and yes, if only we hadn't lost those early points to lower teams.  However, as this example shows, 2 home wins and 2 draws would give us 8 points from 4 games and looks very good statistically.  However 3 wins and 1 loss looks less consistent, but actually produces more points.

It is the beating of teams above us like Halifax and Chester that gains us most ground.  These wins are effectively worth 6 points each.
United we stand..................

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 01:02:35 PM »
We have a very good side when on our game, who can beat anybody - as already shown. However, we need to turn defeats into draws to keep up momentum.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 07:43:42 PM »
We have a team that can beat anyone in this division, we also have the ability to lose to any team in the division.  I say continue with this 'we're shit' mentality and see where it gets us come April, as soon as promotion gets mentioned everything goes to pot.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 10:35:00 PM »
We have a team that can beat anyone in this division, we also have the ability to lose to any team in the division.  I say continue with this 'we're shit' mentality and see where it gets us come April, as soon as promotion gets mentioned everything goes to pot.

so you think negative thinking and all that really helps the team or your way of thinking about games before you turn up ? i say each game go there with the mentality of we can win this one, then it rubs off on the players :) go with the mentality of " we're shit" and what good does it do ? i personally think we are good enough to make the play offs. consistency is the key from now on of course !

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 10:14:35 PM »

so you think negative thinking and all that really helps the team or your way of thinking about games before you turn up ? i say each game go there with the mentality of we can win this one, then it rubs off on the players :) go with the mentality of " we're shit" and what good does it do ? i personally think we are good enough to make the play offs. consistency is the key from now on of course !

I always go to every game thinking we could do something, otherwise you'd never feel like going. 

However I was talking about everyones general mentality. 

Most have dismissed the team this year as not good enough, but we've done alright so far.

It doesn't seem to affect the team, believing we have a devine right to win every game however and moaning throughout from the terraces when we don't does.  A pessimist is never disappointed.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.