Author Topic: Halifax 1-2 United......!  (Read 7230 times)

woad_pilgrim

Re: Halifax 1-2 United......!
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2012, 08:35:28 AM »
Great performance, their fans seem to be blaming them not turning up but the fact is we had a game plan to beat them. Similar-ish game to Hyde at home in the trophy last year, let them have possession in areas where it cannot hurt us then press them once they started to move the ball forward.

Every player worked hard so really hard to pick a motm, numerous times Newsh and Fairclough where back in our box helping out the defence. We where not without our chances though, their keeper made 2 great saves from Jones but surpassed that when somehow tipping Ward's pile driver onto the bar, stunning save. Newsh's finish for our second was sublime, the ball hung in the air for what seemed like an eternity whilst we all held our breath before going mental when it dropped in  ;D

Special mention to Danny Haystead, I personally critisized him on here for some poor displays culminating in the disaster at Oxford City. He has since turned in some great performances and yesterday was another one. A fully deserved victory which we can hopefully build on.

soccermad67

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2012, 09:18:02 AM »
Great performance all round, nice to see Boston Utd play the ball on the ground alot today.

pilgrim4life

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2012, 11:53:38 AM »
i particularly enjoyed the 5minute spell after we scored where they couldnt get the ball off, not very often in recent times we have been able to keep the ball like that, ole. Same again next saturday and i will be delighted. Up the pilgrims

jonathanBUFC

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2012, 05:34:31 PM »
When things wasnt going well for us this season Ive said we havnt seemed to have a game plan that suits us and to beat the opposition. Now we are doing lots better and getting wins together I have noticed we have had a good suitable game plan to beat these big teams, well Infact any team we come up against now. It's like we have done our homework, and this is brilliant. I am am now very confident that we can beat altrincham because Its obviouse we are capable to do it. So bring on the 1st round!