Author Topic: Happy Birthday Lady Thatcher  (Read 10736 times)

Gus

• View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Lady Thatcher
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2012, 04:41:47 PM »
Hellfire!!!!!!!!!

Me as well.

I can't think it will ever happen again.

Boo

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2012, 04:57:47 PM »
Margaret Thatcher - How Does It Feel To Be The Mother Of A Thousand Dead?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAga3ZQ0BxU

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2012, 06:56:10 PM »
Not so much a leader as a tyrant.  And let us never forget her war crime when she ordered the sinking of the Belgrano.

Fortunately her ministers knew what was best when they dumped her.

The most divisive PM the country has ever had.

And then her lovely children Mark (Arms dealer) and Carol (racist?)! Poor old Dennis!

Absolutely spot on. Can still see her turning that big wheel up in Scotland turning on the flow of oil, then wasting it all on the 3million  unemployed. The woman devestated British industry and sold of all our utillities, not to mention the highest intrest rates I ever saw.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2012, 10:11:02 AM »

And whatever you do do not mention her name in front of miners!!

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2012, 06:22:38 PM »
I remember having to pay £730 per month for a £50,000 mortgage. Mortgage rates had gone up so much we nearly lost our home, and many poor folks did.

She had a government made up of yes men, and we are still paying for her far right policies.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2012, 10:22:01 PM »
I remember having to pay £730 per month for a £50,000 mortgage. Mortgage rates had gone up so much we nearly lost our home, and many poor folks did.

She had a government made up of yes men, and we are still paying for her far right policies.

Actually I think we are paying for the middle left policies of the Labour Party at the moment who funded global growth on tick for years....and years and years. 

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2012, 11:25:26 PM »

Actually I think we are paying for the middle left policies of the Labour Party at the moment who funded global growth on tick for years....and years and years. 

Politicising it to blame Labour is utterly pointless. In the 00s there was a bubble to be inflated which would provide short term growth and popularity for whoever was in power, so Labour did it - and HM's Opposition backed them all the way (link). We need to be pragmatic on the economy now, and one thing that is clear is that the coalition's cuts have strangled the life out of the recovery we were in. Ironic that George Osborne has been accepting credit for the UK keeping a triple-A credit rating - thanks to the second recession we're now borrowing more than we would've done under Labour's 2010 plans/forecasts - which he said would turn us into another Greece!  ;D