Author Topic: Latest photo of Tadcaster ground + comment from York Press  (Read 8812 times)

LPRA

• View Profile
Re: Latest photo of Tadcaster ground + comment from York Press
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2012, 02:21:47 PM »
The FA are billing this as a potential giant killing http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/News/2012/Oct/tadcaster-boston-preview-051012.aspx

Have they not seen our cup record? I'd have Tadcaster down as favourites  ;)

Seenbetter

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2012, 02:45:29 PM »
Almost agree with LPRA. I don't think we should take this one as a done deal. Taddy have nothing to lose by going all out for a win and I don't think they will have much respect for our tactics, whatever they will be, or strict positional play. If I was there boss I would tell the players to give it everything they have and enjoy the day. Our cup runs lately have not always been what we expected, more of an embarrasment actually (think I may have spelt embarrasment wrong but can't be bothered to check it, got to walk mutley ).

AJHallgarth

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2012, 08:30:49 PM »
There's a pitch inspection at 9am tomorrow. This is due to "a slight puddle on the edge of the pitch at the car park end" which is small but "the ground is saturated & it can't be forked away".

Fingers crossed...

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2012, 07:49:54 AM »
http://twitter.com/tadcasteralbion

Looks like they expect it to be on

bluenose

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2012, 08:08:23 AM »
Yes looks promising, nice and sunny as well, it will be on so long as the ref is not a dick

Seenbetter

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2012, 11:10:33 PM »

Well done Boston, although why do you make such hard work of it. I managed to get to the Chester/Halifax game so heres my report, particularly relevant as we play Halifax next week. 3pm ref started the game, 3.01pm about 15 Halifax followers (notice the absence of the word supporters )  jumped the low wall along the side of the pitch in the corner, ran about 10 yards and attacked Chester supporters. Acouple of stewards intervened and somehow got them back into their area. 5 mins later 2 Policemen arrived and there was no more trouble from Halifax in that corner. No one arrested or ejected from ground. 10 mins later 2 more Halifax followers sitting amongst Chester fans started fighting with Chester fans. Stewards stepped in and trouble makers were dealt with very severely, they were made to sit with proper Halifax fans. More Police arrived, no more trouble. Later in first half both teams down to 10 players because wrestling together on pitch. Shortly after a Halifax player lunged two footed through the air and nearly took both the legs off a Chester player. Ref did the manly thing and gave a yellow card, offending player should have gone to prison for that tackle and the ref should never be allowed to be in charge of a game ever again. No more mentionable events for the rest of the game other than their T bags provided a crap cup of tea.
To summarise - Chester were not the same team that played Boston a few weeks ago, did not pass the ball as well. Halifax very physical both on and off the pitch. Chester used 2 subs before half time and the third in the second half. Game was exciting and benefited from two of the best goals I expect to see this season. If Halifax play the same way against us next week we are likely to have injuries and I predict they will win.
Glad I went, a bloody good afternoon. Attendance was 2613 with around 100 to 150 Halifax followers.
Ps. Halifax liked using both wings so our left and right backs will need to be quick
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 11:14:28 PM by Seeingbetter »