Author Topic: BPA today  (Read 3527 times)

woad_pilgrim

BPA today
« on: September 29, 2012, 08:28:29 PM »
As no-one has made any comments so far I'll get the ball rolling. Was a very good match (result apart) against a decent BPA side. First half hour was cagey with no real chances, then a string of chances all at once, their keeper pulling off a great save from Jones then Danny making a couple of decent stops. They scored and Newsh should have done better after robbing their centre half.

Second half we started off like a train, Newsh through 1 on 1 with their keeper, a good save but a good height for their keeper. Eventually the pressure told and we got our equaliser and then looked for a while like we'd go no and win it. BPA then had a few chances and scored again then went back to defending. We created lots of chances from there, Newsh hitting the post, a mad scramble in the box then the missed pen at the death.

Feel really sorry for lads put real effort in and in particular Newsh, another day he has a hat-trick. On chances and possession not much to choose between the teams, think we deserved a draw minimum. We keep that level up though and most days we'll get the rewards we deserve.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Re: BPA today
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 09:13:54 PM »
Much as I saw it.  I hate going to BPA, we also seem to create loads there and get very little. 

My only complaint would be that within 5 minutes I'd worked out the left back could only use his right foot to stand on and the left winger could barely even manage that with his left.  Yet they managed to cut inside time after time.

We missed SWD today, that little bit of awe and swagger he has would have been a game changer.

Also seems strange to say it when their goals came from weak defending, but Ward and Stainfield were immense at times today.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 09:18:07 PM »
Managed to catch the last 20 on united live, sounds like we deserved more and on another day may have took 3 points!
Can't win them all but the performace sounded encouraging.
Think we missed SWD abit.

Still noticed a few idiots on united live, i don't know why they are aloud to comment!

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 10:35:47 PM »
I've bunged some match photos on a public album on Facebook for a change!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151254489209282.515409.570994281&type=1&l=db69f9f806

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 07:41:01 AM »
I no had S.W.D been playing our bench would have been different. even so have we not got a better choice.
DRURY a big ask if needed
Marshall can do a job
Smith as only played one 90 min.match so far i believe???
REED not yet proven
CRAVEN ? where did he come from i ask

ask                                                                                                                       

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 12:16:20 PM »
I've bunged some match photos on a public album on Facebook for a change!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151254489209282.515409.570994281&type=1&l=db69f9f806

You caught some of it on camera, what happened with Milnes at the end?
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 05:05:06 PM »
I no had S.W.D been playing our bench would have been different. even so have we not got a better choice.
Marshall can do a job
REED not yet proven

ask                                                                                                                        

He joined us towards the end of pre-season and started the season as our second choice left back. Our first choice had such a stinker in the first game of the season that Craven replaced him at half-time (many said that was 25 minutes too late!). However, it soon became apparent he wasn't good enough and after starting in 5 games we released him.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 05:06:49 PM by Finchley Tiger »

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 06:39:22 PM »
Marshall can do a job
REED not yet proven

ask                                                                                                                        

He joined us towards the end of pre-season and started the season as our second choice left back. Our first choice had such a stinker in the first game of the season that Craven replaced him at half-time (many said that was 25 minutes too late!). However, it soon became apparent he wasn't good enough and after starting in 5 games we released him.
We have 4 very good left sided player's .in stainfield.jellyman.smith .and field.(is someone not happy i wonder)

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2012, 07:59:33 PM »
Marshall can do a job
REED not yet proven

ask                                                                                                                        

We have 4 very good left sided player's .in stainfield.jellyman.smith .and field.(is someone not happy i wonder)
Sorry missed MUN out.but never seen him play