Author Topic: David Newton on the ground situation  (Read 5912 times)

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
David Newton on the ground situation
« on: February 11, 2012, 11:10:11 PM »
http://audioboo.fm/boos/663956-boston-utd-chairman-david-newton

pretty interesting stuff, especially about the council possibly helping fund it.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
Re: David Newton on the ground situation
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 12:06:11 AM »
Ooh I feel a carm down carm down moment coming on followed by a nice glass of red wine.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 11:44:42 AM »
Very interesting interview, and how refreshing to here the chairman speaking like a true fan.

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 12:23:52 PM »

About as much chance of the council helping as I have of winning the lottery! They would sooner continue putting money into the PRSA for some reason or other, mind you if they were all to be offered free tickets for life etc . . . . Hope the decision isn't left to just the council cabinet

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 01:24:21 PM »
Heartening to hear Newton articulate pretty much what we all think about the stadium, in terms of design and it replicating the enclosed, atmospheric nature of York Street. I just wish I could win the Euromillions so I could chuck him a few quid to crack on with it. Good luck to all involved getting the funding for it. This could be a facility the town can be proud of, unlike the LavaDome.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 01:50:10 PM »
Heartening to hear Newton articulate pretty much what we all think about the stadium, in terms of design and it replicating the enclosed, atmospheric nature of York Street. I just wish I could win the Euromillions so I could chuck him a few quid to crack on with it. Good luck to all involved getting the funding for it. This could be a facility the town can be proud of, unlike the LavaDome.

Dont we all mate

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 04:48:49 PM »
hope its not an all-seater

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 11:38:36 PM »
I doubt Mr. Newton is going to let some rivalry between two tinpot non-league sides in the middle of nowhere cloud his business sense.

If you have any concerns about whether DN is working in the best interests of this club, then look back over the last 5 years. Then shut up.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 11:41:45 PM by BostonGoals »

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 01:27:50 PM »
Well we're two thirds of the way through 2012 Dave and so far no progress to report despite your earlier undetakings to tell us something early 2012.

We need no excuses just progress please!   :)
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 02:31:45 PM »
I really can't understand your using the word 'we' as you are not a fan or supporter of the club, just a shit-stirring wanker.

By the way, been caught using your work computer for illicit dealings lately, dear boy?

I assume you are writing your vile comments during company time?

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2012, 10:13:50 PM »
We will have to rely on Lottery money then as Boston Borough Council are just a pointless waste of space   :o
Most of them would be unemployable anywhere else, and the rest are just going through the motions...a collection of pseudo- experts who are blissfully unaware that they don't even know what they're supposed to be doing  :dan

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2012, 11:05:30 PM »
hope its not an all-seater

Im sure i read somewhere that it would have to be so we get the grants. I may be wrong