Author Topic: v Colwyn Bay  (Read 10049 times)

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: v Colwyn Bay
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2012, 11:18:35 PM »
so anything about the whole managers situation? calling for heads to go so early in a season is ridiculous

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2012, 11:26:10 PM »
I,m a bit confused now , do the moaners still want to sack the manager ? Have they got a replacement lined up ?

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2012, 11:27:43 PM »
well before the match today they were, tbh you really cannot judge the teams untill about 10 games in

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2012, 12:06:17 AM »
Cavalier, With regards to is 11 seconds a record for a goal for BUFC think you will find that Richard Toone holds the record for a goal scored on the opening game of the season, it was 7 seconds will have to check on ken's site or maybe someone else will remember season but it was early 90's.

Good result today against 10 men but won't get over excited,good to see Tom is back in defence.

jonathanBUFC

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2012, 09:44:45 AM »
The starting 11 looked much better today, probably our best

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2012, 10:15:57 AM »
WELL done lad's good to see ward and jell's back.and stoke's given ago.

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2012, 10:36:44 AM »
very good result-- but dont get carried away yet happy clappers

much easier only playing against 10 men.

At least JL left out Miller and brought back in Stokes to the team -- something us so called moaners have been calling for for several games. It helps that Tom Ward is fit again and playing in his proper position rather than midfield.

having said all that it was a great result and well done to all concerned

Interesting to see where we would have been if we had lost the game --eg Where Colwyn Bay are in the league.

We will get a reality check next Saturday against an obviously very good Chester team. Somehow though I dont think we will lose the game-- you heard it here first--football is a funny old game

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2012, 11:37:30 AM »

At least JL left out Miller and brought back in Stokes to the team -- something us so called moaners have been calling for for several games. It helps that Tom Ward is fit again and playing in his proper position rather than midfield.

Interesting to see where we would have been if we had lost the game --eg Where Colwyn Bay are in the league.

We will get a reality check next Saturday against an obviously very good Chester team. Somehow though I dont think we will lose the game-- you heard it here first--football is a funny old game

Ill agree with the last comment about next week. Infact just got this weird feeling that next sat we are are going to play fantastic hold chester to a draw or even sneak it

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2012, 05:18:31 PM »
Cavalier, With regards to is 11 seconds a record for a goal for BUFC think you will find that Richard Toone holds the record for a goal scored on the opening game of the season, it was 7 seconds will have to check on ken's site or maybe someone else will remember season but it was early 90's.

I can't remember the exact timing of Toone's goal, but I do remember it being the very first competitive goal scored anywhere in senior football that season. I didn't think it was as early as seven seconds though. It would have been on 17th August 1991, and was against Merthyr Tydfil. It seems we have a habit of scoring early against the Welsh!

The coincidences don't end there. We also beat Merthyr 2-0 and our goalkeeper at that time was John McKenna. Yesterday Colwyn Bay had a substitute of the same name!

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2012, 07:05:14 PM »

Agreed - it was good to see Ward back in central defence and I thought Stokes played pretty well. I took along a couple of mates (a Bolton Wanderers fan and a Plymouth Argyle fan who both see BUFC 4 or 5 times a season) and they thought Stokes looked pretty useful. Both also felt that we shouldn't be too disappointed that Kevin Holsgrove was playing for Colwyn Bay and not us!!  Pretty busy, saw lots of the ball but no real end product. I'm not sure, though, the team would have agreed it was easier playing against 10 men - at times it wasn't so easy to see which of the two teams was down to 10 men.
On our way back home to Kearsley we detoured into Chester for a bite to eat, and took our Bolton fan friend to see Chester FC's Deva Stadium - a ground he'd never visited before. It was interesting to note that all the road signs to the ground still show Chester CITY FC and that the sponsorship deal now has the stadium called The Exacta Stadium. The place is obviously buzzing with their start to the season - it was now about 6pm and there were still lots of fans milling around the ground all in their replica kits. Although very happy with our win yesterday I do think we'll need to play somewhat better next week against the Chester team. The Bolton fan is making the journey with me to Boston next Saturday - so here's to him seeing another BUFC win!!

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2012, 08:22:10 PM »

I can't remember the exact timing of Toone's goal, but I do remember it being the very first competitive goal scored anywhere in senior football that season. I didn't think it was as early as seven seconds though. It would have been on 17th August 1991, and was against Merthyr Tydfil. It seems we have a habit of scoring early against the Welsh!

The coincidences don't end there. We also beat Merthyr 2-0 and our goalkeeper at that time was John McKenna. Yesterday Colwyn Bay had a substitute of the same name!

I think it was under 30 seconds Richard but nothing like 7 seconds..........what happened?

Pass,pass,pass, shot goal?

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2012, 11:03:35 PM »
Not much about yesterdays game so I'll give my take. Defensively much better, Ward and Staino won everything in the air and rarely got dragged out of position. It puts into context just how bad Miller has been, I personally think we'll be ok with the 2 young lads from last year although I know some on here have reservations and want more experience back there.

Danny Haystead looked a bit nervy to start and fumbled a couple of easy catches but by the end of the game looked back to his old self, didn't really have a save to make but did the basics right.

Offensively we where good as well, Newsh had a header which was fractionally wide from a great ball in from Fairclough, SWD had one tipped round the post and there where numerous other chances. Really should have won by a greater margin.

Ross had a really good game in midfield, we all know what he can do with a ball but he's sometimes found wanting when doing the dirty work. Yesterday he won a lot of challenges, it's really good to see him back up his words with a performance to match.

JL and GH as well were pretty vocal from the side which I know is important to some people. So all in all a good day and good performance, our best of the season so far IMO.

Now they have proved they can play they need to follow up with several performances of similar ilk. Not getting carried away with 1 win we need to get wins/draws in most of our next 10 games to repair the damage of losing 4 games to poor opposition. Most of these games will be against sides who'll be in the top half, still we need to beat these teams if we are going to do anything this season.

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2012, 01:00:34 PM »
Well done to the team ! Your right about the village idiot from Spilsby NF he is a gobshite!

Village idiots deserve respect.

Where would be without a village idiot?

BUFC would be bankrupt for a start.  

Now be nice to the poor lad you two.   :bunny

PS . Well done to the team for an oustanding win against tough opponents who are likey to finish well down the table even with eleven men on the pitch.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 01:44:08 PM by Scouse Pilgrim »
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.