Author Topic: Pilgrims 2-1 up at half-time - and lost 4-2. Speechless.  (Read 8661 times)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Pilgrims 2-1 up at half-time - and lost 4-2. Speechless.
« on: September 04, 2012, 09:43:11 PM »
Craig's words on Utd Live a few moments ago, not mine.

Last 15 games

Won 3
Drawn 2
Lost 10

Come on David, you have to act NOW, its the 1st week in September and the season is in crisis already. Surely you can see he's not up to the job, take a hit and get rid now.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Pilgrims 2-1 up at half-time - and lost 4-2. Speechless.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 09:47:36 PM »
Well Norty40 it's about time Dave listens to us or makes a statement to support the manager!

Senny

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 09:49:31 PM »
3-2 down after 52 minutes, Craig's commentary implied that we didn't even look like scoring for long periods following that and yet a change wasn't made until the 80th minute?? Absolute basics, surely?? I think Arnold Town may be his coaching/management level...........

Monty

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 09:53:24 PM »
Maybe the Newt is far too interested in the new stadium deal (£££) rather than what's happening on the pitch?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 09:53:53 PM »
Time for those wanting chance to be constructive and suggest who they think should be manager .

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 09:54:41 PM »
Evening Monty! Time to return with some banners in the car park!

Monty

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 10:01:02 PM »

Yes, I agree. I know Newton is a lifelong Lincoln City fan but he still has to do the right thing for Boston United. If he acts now we can save our season.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 10:04:48 PM »
Time for those wanting chance to be constructive and suggest who they think should be manager .

Well lets hope whoever gets the job actually fits the advertised criteria this time..........thats assuming David does the decent thing and makes the change.

The bottom line is results in this game, and Jason Lee's not getting them and hasn't been doing for 13 months on anything like a consistent basis.

Mr Tickle

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 10:06:19 PM »

Yes, I agree. I know Newton is a lifelong Lincoln City fan but he still has to do the right thing for Boston United. If he acts now we can save our season.

Hahaha... you are funny Monty. 

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2012, 10:09:48 PM »
Thought about going tonight but work meant that I couldn't and glad I had 5-a-side instead after that.

It does come to something when even Craig was despairing and seeing something wrong with the team but we still cannot say what.

Could it be:

Keeper? - some are saying that he has been at fault for more than 1 goal in just 6 games, is this a problem

Defence? - its been clear to me that we are missing an experienced no nonsense centre half to impose himself on the opposition and organise the other centre half who can be more inexperienced. We tried 2 inexperienced together last year and look where it got us.  It's clear we are shipping too many goals, especially in the last 4 games.  You build from the back and we are not solid and so are always going to struggle.

Midfield? - clearly missing Wilson as a holding player and need to decide how we are going to play. Best is to play 3 with Ross, Wilson, Milnes/Reed. But we are clueless as to how we are playing and until this is settled then we are always going to be lost.  That does come from the bench and we are not getting it.

Up front? - SWD is scoring for fun in last few games which is great and Newsh has pedigree from last season. Jones got goals until he was injured so is fine but never been convinced by Fairclough as he isn't a winger for a 4-4-2 but could do a job as part of 3.

Bench? - time is running out for Lee. As NF said, the last 15 games going into last season (not counting the glorified training sessions that are pre season friendlies and lincs senior cup) as well is appalling, no other word for it.

I don't agree with NF that we have a devine right to be in the top 5 and having watched Boston for 22 years, then I have seen us at this level more than anything else but we always challenged at the top end, even with the shambles of a club that was the Sterland and early Fee years.

There has got to be some improvement on saturday as this would be a sixth of the season completed after this and if we had less than a point a game then we are in deep trouble.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2012, 10:12:13 PM »
Know anyone who fits the criteria N/F ?
Good constructive post from CP.

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2012, 10:13:50 PM »
The record says it all,
JL says we are fittest in league and were knackered at half time,
We have no central defenders miller ans stanfield not good enough,
And Haystead needs to get Agrip too many errors already.
Why was ward in midfield then thrown up front and no subs till last 10mins,

Maybe Sir David (as some of you seem to think he is) needs to ditch fitness coach,manager and that assistant manager as it is clear to all that none of previously mentioned have a clue what is going on but it is not good enough this team IS worse than last years.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2012, 10:17:17 PM »
Well said Garry!

madhos

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2012, 10:19:02 PM »
ward as a midfielder come attacker.......sounds like desperation............

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2012, 10:25:53 PM »
Maybe done better with Ward in goal !!!!!!!!!