Author Topic: Players Ratings V Droylsden  (Read 3271 times)

BosLeake

• View Profile
Players Ratings V Droylsden
« on: August 18, 2012, 06:21:16 PM »
Hi All

Just like to know from fellow fans a players rating (say out of ten plus a comment on the player performance) on the Droylsden match just gone.

Cheers All!

milo1972

• View Profile
Re: Players Ratings V Droylsden
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 09:12:48 PM »
Haystead 7.   Fairly quiet game.
Marshall  7.   Got stuck in when needed. Occasional forward runs looked positive.
Miller  8. Solid in defence. Great debut.
Stainfield  8.   Good Partnership with Miller.
Jelleyman  7.     Experience showed.
Wilson  7.   Impressive debut as defensive midfielder.
Ross  7.    With Wilson sitting back Ross was creative and showed some good forward passes.
Fairclough  8.    Stretched the Droylsden defence with some pacey wing play.
Smith  * 9.     My MOM....  Looked dangerous on the left wing. Some skillful play and always got back to defend. *
Jones  7.    Decent debut but missed some chances to make the game safe.
Newsham  8.    Goalscorer and carries on from last season. Good Performance.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 08:54:25 PM »

Haystead 7. Was never really called upon as most of the work happened across the back line, commanding when he needed to be.   
Marshall  8.  As above really, we didn't see much of him going forward last year, showed some great fitness and drive on the counter, doesn't shy away from putting the boot in too.
Miller  7.  Big, Strong, won a lot in the air, got caught out of position a few times and along with
Stainsfield  7.   didn't communicate as a partner ship very well and got split a few times, but strong, guttsy and very raw. Doesn't give anything up and didn't crack under pressure.
Jelleyman  7. Seemed a little slow at times, but put in a shift and showed experience to pull players over when they beat him (you make 3 or 4 of those before you get booked so it pays off)
Wilson  7.   Never noticed him, which is exactly what you want from a holder.  Took it and passed it on.
Ross  7.    Worked hard, can certainly pick a pass.
Fairclough  8.    Quiet first half, gave their left back a torrid second half. When he is direct, he's good enough to frighten any Conf North defence.
Smith   8.   Didn't see much of him last year to see why he was kept on, but worked his ass off on Saturday in the heat, the two left footers works well and him and Jelleyman seemed to be able to work well together. Goes over a bit easy given his size, think he will work some weeks and not others.  
Jones  7.  Didn't win enough in the air, good movement and needs to find the net early in the season as he looks like he needs the confidence to have a go at goal.
Newsham  8.   Scored his only chance, like he always does.  The lesson to all youngsters watching is 'hit the target, don't blast it, make the keeper make a save, because 9 times out of 10, they won't'

Good team unit performance and liked the time wasting in the corner at the end. We were a soft touch too many times last year, so hopefully this is a return to the tighter times. 
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

BosLeake

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 07:55:32 PM »
Many Thanks LCB & milo1972

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 09:15:58 PM »
SO, WHAT HAS CHANGED FROM THIS GAME?

Unfortunately not been able to get to any matches so far.

IS IT TACTICS, ATTITUDES, NO DESIRE, OR JUST UNLUCKY?

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 10:16:00 PM »
The change to 4-3-3 left both fullbacks exposed with no brute in front of them.

The biggest loss was Wilson which exposed the frailties in defence. Both centrebacks had obviously told to play it out of the back leading to some dubious dribbling / passing decisions!

This is something I don't remember them trying at the droylsden game - just kicking and heading - keeping it simple!