Author Topic: How much longer David?  (Read 17573 times)

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
Re: How much longer David?
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2012, 11:05:18 PM »
Very true and I accept that.But we win six nil thirty one replies, we lose and look at the number of posts.  Jason Lee checks out the performances of our reserve players, had a sixteen year old keeper on the bench, gives youth a chance. OK he doesnt rant and rave, Hursty did got slaughtered, Evans well enough said. Lets support a manager if he doesnt cut it fair enough but lets not get carried away just yet.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2012, 08:50:23 AM »
Before I get going before someone kicks off was registered as Freiston Fan for years but stopped posting as it was all negative. Basically a crowd of us from the Red Cow in Fishtoft go to the games and read whats put on here. Some facts escape a few, we are skint, the squad is based on many local lads who are paid very little we have a handful that probably dont clear a night out on the lash and a takeaway and taxi home. Yes its frustrating but tonight Liverpool are on one point second bottom of the league so lets keep it real.

We have so many positives, after dinner events sold out in advance without knowing the speaker, best programme, good social club lots of local lads, and a manager thats been there and done it with an assistant manager that has graced most major stadiums. Yet people come on here and say lets get a nasty bassssssard, yet hated the last one and the one before and the one before. Lets get real and support what we have a lot of clubs would love what we have.

And dont anyone give it the happy clapper crap
well said F/C sound's like we will hear some more Positive's from you our refreshing

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2012, 09:01:46 AM »
Very true and I accept that.But we win six nil thirty one replies, we lose and look at the number of posts.  Jason Lee checks out the performances of our reserve players, had a sixteen year old keeper on the bench, gives youth a chance. OK he doesnt rant and rave, Hursty did got slaughtered, Evans well enough said. Lets support a manager if he doesnt cut it fair enough but lets not get carried away just yet.

Who was the sixteen year old goalkeeper on the bench?

To my recollection the five subs were Ward (defender), Dyer-Stewart (striker), Fairclough (winger), Smith (winger) and Stokes (winger).

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2012, 10:35:15 AM »
Sam Vince from reserves.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2012, 11:28:49 AM »
Presumably with Drury give some game time and Emery injured Vince was rewarded for some good performance recently (saved three pens in one game pre season) by being on stand by incase Haystead got an injury in the warm up, but didn't make the bench. JL doesn't seem to see the need for a sub keeper unless we don't have sixteen fit players. Scott and Hurst went along with this as well and to be fair I don't seem to remember an outfield player having to o in goal in the 150+ games they have been in charge of.

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2012, 01:35:15 PM »
Before I get going before someone kicks off was registered as Freiston Fan for years but stopped posting as it was all negative. Basically a crowd of us from the Red Cow in Fishtoft go to the games and read whats put on here. Some facts escape a few, we are skint, the squad is based on many local lads who are paid very little we have a handful that probably dont clear a night out on the lash and a takeaway and taxi home. Yes its frustrating but tonight Liverpool are on one point second bottom of the league so lets keep it real.

We have so many positives, after dinner events sold out in advance without knowing the speaker, best programme, good social club lots of local lads, and a manager thats been there and done it with an assistant manager that has graced most major stadiums. Yet people come on here and say lets get a nasty bassssssard, yet hated the last one and the one before and the one before. Lets get real and support what we have a lot of clubs would love what we have.

And dont anyone give it the happy clapper crap

And we've clearly got some of the best happy clappers in the league judging by this  clearly well -meaning  but ultimately deluded  tosh. :bunny
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

Devon Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2012, 03:12:37 PM »
Wow S.P. uses "We've"! Has he or she joined BUFC as a genuine follower at last? ;-)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2012, 09:12:10 PM »
Presumably with Drury give some game time and Emery injured Vince was rewarded for some good performance recently (saved three pens in one game pre season) by being on stand by incase Haystead got an injury in the warm up, but didn't make the bench. JL doesn't seem to see the need for a sub keeper unless we don't have sixteen fit players. Scott and Hurst went along with this as well and to be fair I don't seem to remember an outfield player having to o in goal in the 150+ games they have been in charge of.
I have seen Neil Grayson take the gloves in an FA Cup tie at home to Canvey Island, after Bazza was sent off for handball. They scored the winner (I think) from the resultant free kick.

I also remember Chris Withe going in goal for a short while - against Barrow maybe, when both clubs were fighting for the UniBond title?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

artie

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2012, 09:20:42 PM »
I believe that when Neil went in goal we did have a keeper  on the bench ???

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2012, 09:39:08 PM »
I'm back! What's this about the fitness coach then Woad Pilgrim?
Been away to Africa and returned to see we haven't win since I left!
JL was in either the Standard on Echo, can't remember which saying he thought we had the fittest team in the league and we'd win games late on because of this. In the last 3 games we've looked like we had nothing left in the last 30 minutes and teams have scored and/or kept us out with ease. Not slating the fitness coach per se but we certainly don't look like we're "the fittest team in the league".

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2012, 11:49:02 PM »
I believe that when Neil went in goal we did have a keeper  on the bench ???
Zak Watson?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2012, 08:10:38 AM »
I also remember Chris Withe going in goal for a short while - against Barrow maybe, when both clubs were fighting for the UniBond title?

During his Football League days (possibly at Bury), I remember reading that Chris Withe once had to go in goal after his own keeper was sent off and had also conceded a penalty. The first thing Withe did was to save the penalty!

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2012, 09:26:57 AM »
I seem to remember us playing Southend years ago and one of the Brambles (Titus?) had to go in goal....did a half decent job as well.

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2012, 09:31:05 AM »
Its taken until now for me to calm down.
Absolutely nothing from the sidelines

Totally clueless -- NF has it absolutely spot on

Perhaps we can expect a statement from the chairman to support his manager?

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2012, 11:24:46 AM »
Unfortunately in football nowadays you get what you pay for, and unluckily for us we're completely broke. Yes it's frustrating when we lose or finish midtable but there are far bigger issues at the club than mediocrity on the pitch.

Sacking JL wouldn't achieve anything, we probably couldn't afford to pay him off and be paying two managers at once, and any new manager is going to be stuck with the current squad, and he won't be able to bring in a whole new squad mid season.

I know some of you are going to say "S&H were able to finish high in this league, so our budget must be competitive." but our best players were just poached from Ilkeston, who S&H didn't even sign in the first place. We wouldn't have got anywhere near 3rd in the table had it not been for church, Sleath, Murphy and Newsham. Even Pearson was recommended by Welsh.

S&H did a great job but times have changed, the budgets been cut twice and there's teams that have been bankrolled.

I just know some idiots are going to label me a happy clapper or whatever but we really can't expect to be anything more than midtable when we're £3million in debt. Obviously we would all rather be up the top than in the middle but I don't go overboard when we lose for the same reason Wigan fans don't go overboard when they don't win the Premier League.