Author Topic: How much longer David?  (Read 17587 times)

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: How much longer David?
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2012, 12:20:37 PM »
Unfortunately in football nowadays you get what you pay for, and unluckily for us we're completely broke. Yes it's frustrating when we lose or finish midtable but there are far bigger issues at the club than mediocrity on the pitch.

Sacking JL wouldn't achieve anything, we probably couldn't afford to pay him off and be paying two managers at once, and any new manager is going to be stuck with the current squad, and he won't be able to bring in a whole new squad mid season.

I know some of you are going to say "S&H were able to finish high in this league, so our budget must be competitive." but our best players were just poached from Ilkeston, who S&H didn't even sign in the first place. We wouldn't have got anywhere near 3rd in the table had it not been for church, Sleath, Murphy and Newsham. Even Pearson was recommended by Welsh.

S&H did a great job but times have changed, the budgets been cut twice and there's teams that have been bankrolled.

I just know some idiots are going to label me a happy clapper or whatever but we really can't expect to be anything more than midtable when we're £3million in debt. Obviously we would all rather be up the top than in the middle but I don't go overboard when we lose for the same reason Wigan fans don't go overboard when they don't win the Premier League.

Not his particular idiot. Good post BG. I could not be more agreeable with what you say. Still why must Newton persist with spending money that the club just does not have each year?  This just increases the club's debt.

Is that a sensible business model in your book?

And to whom is the £1 million owed reported on the balance sheet?  :)
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

LPRA

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2012, 12:29:37 PM »
Unfortunately in football nowadays you get what you pay for, and unluckily for us we're completely broke. Yes it's frustrating when we lose or finish midtable but there are far bigger issues at the club than mediocrity on the pitch.

Sacking JL wouldn't achieve anything, we probably couldn't afford to pay him off and be paying two managers at once, and any new manager is going to be stuck with the current squad, and he won't be able to bring in a whole new squad mid season.

I know some of you are going to say "S&H were able to finish high in this league, so our budget must be competitive." but our best players were just poached from Ilkeston, who S&H didn't even sign in the first place. We wouldn't have got anywhere near 3rd in the table had it not been for church, Sleath, Murphy and Newsham. Even Pearson was recommended by Welsh.

S&H did a great job but times have changed, the budgets been cut twice and there's teams that have been bankrolled.

I just know some idiots are going to label me a happy clapper or whatever but we really can't expect to be anything more than midtable when we're £3million in debt. Obviously we would all rather be up the top than in the middle but I don't go overboard when we lose for the same reason Wigan fans don't go overboard when they don't win the Premier League.

Not his particular idiot. Good post BG. I could not be more agreeable with what you say. Still why must Newton persist with spending money that the club just does not have each year?  This just increases the club's debt.

Is that a sensible business model in your book?

And to whom is the £1 million owed reported on the balance sheet?  :)

Should we Mark your words, Rooster?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2012, 01:22:28 PM »
I seem to remember us playing Southend years ago and one of the Brambles (Titus?) had to go in goal....did a half decent job as well.
I think it was his brother, Tesfaye.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2012, 09:41:32 PM »
Statement from the chairman?

madhos

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2012, 09:50:41 PM »
im begining to realise the 6nil win was a fluke....... :-\

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2012, 05:02:35 PM »
How much longer David ?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2012, 06:53:43 PM »
How much longer David ?

The club still have a long way to go. May be getting it right ion the pitch and slowly on the finance balance but on my veiws today theres is a couple of things they are doing wrong.