Author Topic: How much longer David?  (Read 17580 times)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
How much longer David?
« on: September 01, 2012, 06:32:02 PM »
Another gutless, spineless, abysmal display, how much more do we have to tolerate before you've a problem on your hands?

A sub 1000 gate in September shows the utter folly of retaining JL's services this summer........we've a tricky run coming up an nothing would surprise me to see us almost being in the minority against Chester.

This team is a shambles, its filled with lightweights and players patently out of their depths, thats twice in 8 days perennial struggler's have rolled up and turned us over. That Miller kid isn't a patch on Tom Ward,let alone fit to lace Shaun Pearson's boots.......if you aren't good enough for Lincoln.......

Really this is a shameful situation, the budget is fine, the support is there but as far as management goes its a joke. Get rid and save the season.NOW.

BosLeake

• View Profile
Re: How much longer David?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 06:35:26 PM »
Yes Miller far too casual , Ward in if fit.

madhos

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 06:39:59 PM »
Think old NF is spot on...........sh..t im now a happy clapper....... ;)

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 08:17:47 PM »
For anyone who expects Boston to be in contention for promotion this year: looking at the squad, which players do you actually think are on promotion level wages?

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 08:39:58 PM »
For anyone who expects Boston to be in contention for promotion this year: looking at the squad, which players do you actually think are on promotion level wages?

Newsham, SWD, Jellyman, Ross, Willson and that's probably about it. Jason has had to take a gamble on several youngsters, some will pay off some wont.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 08:43:06 PM »
It doesn't matter what wages players are on it's about quality, desire, hunger and passion, right now we're severely lacking in those
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 09:14:48 PM by BUFC Loyal »

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 08:54:28 PM »
It doesn't matter what wages players on it's about quality, desire, hunger and passion, right now we're severely lacking in those

Thats spot on, and that comes from the management down.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 08:59:15 PM »
We will be lucky to get two more seasons from David and the Chestnuts IMO  :dan

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2012, 09:16:41 PM »

Newsham, SWD, Jellyman, Ross, Willson and that's probably about it. Jason has had to take a gamble on several youngsters, some will pay off some wont.

My gut feeling is that Newsh won't be on big wages, and nor will SWD - he hardly had a strong negotiating position with the club after leaving once did he? Spot on about young players though - the squad is full of them and my guess is they're mainly on minimal wages. For once I think DN may be wrong and that Canners is right about JL having limited resources.

I'm not saying they are everything but they sure as hell help if you want a strong spine to your team. To be honest I think that's where BUFC will be found wanting again this season. Accusations about desire/workrate are simply wrong from the matches I've seen. Such things get thrown around about any losing side - if Newsh had scored instead of hitting the post United probably would've won today and the players would be praised for these things...

Scott and Hurst managed to overachieve in 2010/11 but that doesn't mean you can judge all future managers against that standard - they were exceptional (and slightly lucky).

It doesn't matter what wages players on it's about quality, desire, hunger and passion, right now we're severely lacking in those

Thats spot on, and that comes from the management down.

Eh?! So wages have NOTHING to do with how good a players you can attract? So Robin van Persie would play under Fergie for £50 a week?!

Reality: Boston United are still hemorrhagging money, they have nowhere to play in seven years. Resources are severely limited, and if you discount a few seasons assisted by serious fraud, they haven't played above this level since 1993. We have no right to expect promotion from this league.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2012, 09:33:20 PM »
So we should settle for mediocrity then Adam?

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2012, 09:46:07 PM »
Nothings won or lost after five games. Performance today first half was top notch, poor defencively second half but one or two experienced heads missing. If the pen was given against Jones first half (which was pretty stone wall decison) then the game could have been different if we went in up at half time. Need 7 points from next three games before the cup game if we are going to keep up with the those above us though...

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2012, 10:05:26 PM »
Like Ed Kandi I think Chestnuts will move on in the next two years .
What would those who are calling for a change of management be looking for on the job applicants CV,s ?

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2012, 10:14:20 PM »
Nothings won or lost after five games. Performance today first half was top notch, poor defencively second half but one or two experienced heads missing. If the pen was given against Jones first half (which was pretty stone wall decison) then the game could have been different if we went in up at half time. Need 7 points from next three games before the cup game if we are going to keep up with the those above us though...

I thought that as well. Not sure why people are trying to portray today as some sort of apocalyptic performance.

So we should settle for mediocrity then Adam?

Phrase it like that if you like.

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2012, 10:23:04 PM »
First half we passed it around as good as at histon but were exposed a number of times at the back.

The second half we suffered with a lack of mobility loosing jones.

Biggest loss for me was Wilson's "presence" in midfield as Ross ended up trying to take on the role which is not his game

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2012, 10:49:55 PM »
Jason has got to be given more time to prove himself this season. Suggesting changing the manager after just three narrow defeats would be ridiculous. Jason Lee didn't bury his head in the sand after the last couple of defeats and changed things around for today (433 etc) and it seemed to work first half. Results must improve but JL and the players need to be given a fair chance to prove themselves.