Author Topic: Abysmal !!  (Read 9050 times)

milo1972

• View Profile
Abysmal !!
« on: September 01, 2012, 06:11:13 PM »
No Passion, No Creativity and No Atmosphere.......

What an awful game for the home supporter. If i had been a neutral fan i would have walked out half way through the second half. What has happened to the good individual performances we saw at Droylsden and Histon??
Im sorry Mr Newton BUT although we are only 5 games into the season you should really consider the management going forward otherwise we are going to be left watching a struggling team in front of 600 supporters.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH !!

UTP

BosLeake

• View Profile
Re: Abysmal !!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 06:31:45 PM »
Hi

Yes shame MN shot hit the post, but poor in the last third & killer ball never there.

Only Bright spot was young Field, thought dyer's control was terrible maybe nerves as a young player.

They was there for the taking a poor side.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 06:43:57 PM by BosLeake »

spannerman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 08:10:21 PM »
My first match of the season away for the first 2 , I enjoyed the first half we should of gone in at half time in the lead if there goalie had not pulled of a couple of great saves .
Second half what a load of rubbish second goal soft third should of been saved no idea .
as i have a season ticket i will just have to hope it gets better . ???

BosLeake

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 08:57:05 PM »
Very Very silly first goal we gave away Haystead was moaning at Silk , Haystead's fault not a fan of him so far.

Little Chip

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 09:11:42 PM »
I agree with Spannerman we should have been winning at half time, but the second half was not very good !

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 12:42:35 AM »
first half we had width and pace, created lots of space on the park. but second half was P poor. back to the usual hoof it even though haystead does love to roll the ball out. ( i like this as the possession is kept and you can then build from the back ) i thought haystead was ok and very vocal. to me , the weak link was miller. very poor !

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 07:01:55 AM »
We had chance's to win the game.got to start putting them away.ithink every player gave there all again.first  start for FIELD at senior level i believe ;and boy did he do well good luck to him , i did th ink it was a bad move to bring dyer stewart on. he just did not fit in . he need's to be with the reserve's for a bit longer yet ; and to the negative people . ( we will be in top 5 for sure )  :)

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 10:04:44 AM »
Dyer-Stewart was clearly (and probably understandably) nervous. He needs more games in the reserves. As for Newsham...a pity that golden opportunity didn't fall to SWD.

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 10:51:58 AM »
Dyer-Stewart was clearly (and probably understandably) nervous. He needs more games in the reserves. As for Newsham...a pity that golden opportunity didn't fall to SWD.

I think I can count the number of opportunities Newsham has missed inthe past three seasons on one hand!

At Droylsden one chance one goal. This is not always the case with SWD

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2012, 12:15:49 PM »

I think I can count the number of opportunities Newsham has missed inthe past three seasons on one hand!

At Droylsden one chance one goal. This is not always the case with SWD

Agree, Given the chance 9/10 Newsham hits the target,

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2012, 12:16:49 PM »

It Was offside YY

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2012, 02:31:16 PM »
Highilghts of yesterdays game should remind players and fans alike that especially for the first hour we played some good stuff and created plenty of chances. But for some poor finishing the came should have been finished as a contest before Workington got their second http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RjrXnBZAxY&feature=plcp

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2012, 03:06:40 PM »
Haystead's fault not a fan of him so far.

I agree with the sentiment !! Wasn't happy at all when he was signed again. I remember an abysmal game he had at Stalybridge one night in his first spell with us. Just hope he improves and shows us what Shorty, Shouty and Jason Lee must have seen in him when they signed him.

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2012, 03:09:50 PM »
Highilghts of yesterdays game should remind players and fans alike that especially for the first hour we played some good stuff and created plenty of chances. But for some poor finishing the came should have been finished as a contest before Workington got their second http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RjrXnBZAxY&feature=plcp

Agree Carl. Haven't looked at the highlights, but from being at the game I believe we should have had it won by half-time. The Workington goalie made several good saves - but better finishing would have seen the ball in areas that would have beaten him.

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2012, 03:21:49 PM »
We had a alot of chances judging by the highlights, seems like alot of long ball though!