Author Topic: Club issues clampdown on "wrongful concessionary admission" on matchdays...  (Read 9016 times)

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
http://www.bostonunited.co.uk/news/club-issue-matchday-admission-654104.html

Does anybody know if anything has happened to trigger this off? I know a few people who have done/do that purely because either they can't afford Adult prices but see the child price as better than nothing for the club, and obviously there are some who will push their luck until found out
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 11:11:53 AM by BUFC Loyal »

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
I was at the office on Saturday when someone tried to buy a ticket for a "youth" who could have walked into a pub and bought a pint with no problems......

Perhaps if people stopped abusing the system and stopped "getting in for a fiver", we could afford to pay the fitness coach from club funds? :-)

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
All I have to say to Mr Newton is start paying for your own ticket and stop all the "comps" before you start asking fans to fork out more.

The fans have lined the pockets of scoundrels over the years. :bunny
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
All I have to say to Mr Newton is start paying for your own ticket and stop all the "comps" before you start asking fans to fork out more.

The fans have lined the pockets of scoundrels over the years. :bunny

Thank god you aint there or  it be a scoundrel called SP to add to the list

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
And pray tell Dear Simpleton (for I fear you may be) what could ever give you the notion that I would be there?  Or would want to be there?

If I were to take leave of my senses I would not go to a tinpot outfit with aspirations of mediocrity like BUFC I can assure you.  ::)
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
I was at the office on Saturday when someone tried to buy a ticket for a "youth" who could have walked into a pub and bought a pint with no problems......

Perhaps if people stopped abusing the system and stopped "getting in for a fiver", we could afford to pay the fitness coach from club funds? :-)

I know what you mean meot. There are several pubs like that in the area.  I used to drink in one aged 14.  :bunny

Gus

• View Profile
Dear boy, if you don't want to be here, then why do you continue spitting your venom at David Newton and the club et al.

Methinks you would do the club a tremendous favour if you went fishing, fell into deep water, and got devoured by a monstrous fish.

gizmo

• View Profile
Here here Couldn't have put it better gus

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile

If I were to take leave of my senses I would not go to a tinpot outfit with aspirations of mediocrity like BUFC I can assure you.  ::)

Explains why you don't go  :o

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Club issues clampdown on "wrongful concessionary admission" on matchdays...
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2012, 10:48:45 PM »
Agree with SP! Everybody should pay to watch BUFC! No more BUFC friends and family compo tickets!

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2012, 01:54:48 PM »
Dear boy, if you don't want to be here, then why do you continue spitting your venom at David Newton and the club et al.

Methinks you would do the club a tremendous favour if you went fishing, fell into deep water, and got devoured by a monstrous fish.

Has Gussie been helping himself to the matchday wine?  :D

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2012, 01:56:32 PM »
Here here Couldn't have put it better gus

Oh go on Gizmo. Give it a try!  Outwardly, Gus looks like he has swallowed a volume of the great Bard but there is little originality or veritable wit in what he says. :-*

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2012, 02:15:56 PM »

Once again, someone comes on the Forum to put a positive on what is happening off the field and sure enough Scouser has to come on and turn it into a negative! What would we do without him? Answers on the back of a stamp please, just about get two words on there

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2012, 04:13:59 PM »
The issue of "comps" is a serious one. 

Fans should all be treated the same. 

If you ran a business and gave some customers  better deals than others do you think that would be a good business model? Would it inspire loyalty or resentment?

Not to mention the fact that Dave can't manage to run a balanced budget.

Fans may want to know if he is giving out comps to potential customers/business associates of Chestnut Homes?

Why should some have to pay for their admission and others not?  :bunny