Author Topic: United Live  (Read 17647 times)

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
United Live
« on: August 27, 2012, 08:03:42 PM »
What used to be a very decent way to follow the game is fast becoming a painfull hour and a half of slagging united off. I am not sure how Craig manages to keep it going with all the crap and abuse that people send through. The forum is a good place for the negheads (moaners) but united live should be just about the game.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Re: United Live
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 08:21:41 PM »
It was only one or two people....... I asked if we had a shot at goal all game and got no reply,even after 3 attempts......  And that wasn't being negative, I'd been out and came back after about 10 minutes of the 2nd half, listened for another 10 and struggled to see us mount an attack so thought I'd ask if I'd missed anything. The silence told its own story. Thats not being negative, thats a genuine question, obviously it was too difficult for either Craig who was at the game or those who'd been listening longer to answer.

Some people need to grow a thicker skin if a couple of known trolls are going to bother them like it obviously was this afternoon. Fact is once again we've a team that looks a long way short of what needed and people are going to ask difficult questions. If those connected with the club aren't happy with those kind of comments on a live feed I suggest they stop providing the service or make it a read only one.

And FWIW I think its a good, honest and worthwhile service for those of us who tire of the radio's obsession with Lincoln City........and the trolls really are wasting their time, Craig's not going to bite and the only people who respond are those who think BUFC are beyond reproach and their comments are as pointless as the trolls.

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 08:26:09 PM »
Its not a thicker skin needed- everyone has there own thoughts and i respect that- its just clogging up united live wuth dross. The whole second half was Barry against all!

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 08:26:18 PM »
It was only one or two people....... I asked if we had a shot at goal all game and got no reply,even after 3 attempts......  And that wasn't being negative, I'd been out and came back after about 10 minutes of the 2nd half, listened for another 10 and struggled to see us mount an attack so thought I'd ask if I'd missed anything. The silence told its own story. Thats not being negative, thats a genuine question, obviously it was too difficult for either Craig who was at the game or those who'd been listening longer to answer.

Some people need to grow a thicker skin if a couple of known trolls are going to bother them like it obviously was this afternoon. Fact is once again we've a team that looks a long way short of what needed and people are going to ask difficult questions. If those connected with the club aren't happy with those kind of comments on a live feed I suggest they stop providing the service or make it a read only one.

And FWIW I think its a good, honest and worthwhile service for those of us who tire of the radio's obsession with Lincoln City........and the trolls really are wasting their time, Craig's not going to bite and the only people who respond are those who think BUFC are beyond reproach and their comments are as pointless as the trolls.

and if you had actually followed the feed, you would have realised that craig had actually responded after the first time, therefore didn't need asking 3 times

chalker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 08:41:23 PM »
Just checked today's feed for clairification! Not quite right… Question asked at 16:20. Asked again at 16:23 and answered at 16:24. Question asked again at 16:25!

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 08:46:37 PM »
I turned it of,

With meaning of no offence to craig or the good supporters of boston i feel theres getting a few to many idiots around at the moment that use it

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 08:56:57 PM »
I turned it of,

With meaning of no offence to craig or the good supporters of boston i feel theres getting a few to many idiots around at the moment that use it

Not very good for the club when they're looking for someone to sponsor the service.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 09:05:37 PM »
Just checked today's feed for clairification! Not quite right… Question asked at 16:20. Asked again at 16:23 and answered at 16:24. Question asked again at 16:25!

My apologies, I was probably scrolling back reading the earlier feed!

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 09:09:12 PM »
Its not a thicker skin needed- everyone has there own thoughts and i respect that- its just clogging up united live wuth dross. The whole second half was Barry against all!

Then ignore 'Barry'......its quite simple, I did!!!!

Personally I'd let Craig get on with it and block the banal 'come on Utd' etc........it is a live feed after all, not an extension to MSN.

chalker

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 09:10:27 PM »
No problems.

I do not mind anybody commenting - positive or negative - preferably positive though!

But it is hard work to sift through 510 comments from 1,151 viewers during two-and-a-half hours coverage while trying to watch the match. Replying to each one is impossible - so please bear with me.

We are hoping to announce a new sponsor for United Live which will pay for the service for the whole season. Hopefully that will be this week. Stay tuned!

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2012, 09:11:02 PM »
I turned it of,

Not very good for the club when they're looking for someone to sponsor the service.

True, but I too turned it off, all I wanted to do was read about the game.  NF would have found it easier to get his answer if those two trolls weren't filling it will nothingness and vitriol.  Equally, those that rise to the bait and fill the timeline with answers to the trolls, double the pain for us that just want to see how we're doing at the games we can't make. It mirrors this site in some ways, there used to be many varied views and witty retorts but most have gone, swallowed up in a pit of in jokes and in fighting.

Maybe Craig could trial only taking questions about the game if he has to vet the posts before they appear.  "How many shots have we had?"  His next commentry could simply read "Boston pressing forward, need to do something as we've not registered a shot yet."  People get the answers they want without others having to read pages and pages of drivel.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 09:14:39 PM by Lord Cutler Beckett »
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2012, 09:18:43 PM »
Today was the first day that I have had to turn off United Live as the second half was more or less unbearable with "Barry" and his constant criticism against the blind happy clappers .  This made actually following the game almost impossible.

While I try to ignore either the often mis-placed criticism and inane cheering on but I would rather have the latter during the game and then, if criticism is required, this comes after.  Where there is a game when the opposition keeper hasn't had to make a save then there are grounds to query and criticise but this is the correct forum for that, not the match feed.

As has been stated earlier, this bickering and negstive feedback is most likely to put off any potential sponsor which benefits no one.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2012, 09:24:01 PM »
Can understand N/f missing the response , I got to the stage where these juveniles made it difficult to maintain interest .
The good news is kids of this mentality quickly tire and soon look for a new toy .
I log on to live reports on other clubs site,s and yes they are biased, maybe more so than Craig,s . If the reports were totally unbiased some fans would be complaining it was too harsh on their team .
I also tune in to non-league matches on other radio stations and it has to be said their commentators are far less biased than those on Lincs Radio. to back N/F point .
Last Monday night I tuned into BBC Radio Hereford &Worcester which gave live commentary on Worcester,s BSN match .  Do BBC Radio Herefort & Worcester get a bigger sport budget than BBC Radio LINCS, or do they have a less biased agenda than BBC Lincs?

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2012, 09:26:17 PM »
just wondering for the future is there a way to set up a list of users currently in the "room" so the user could have the right to ignore them

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2012, 06:15:01 AM »
you can't stop the like's of barry ;he will be collin next match ;or was he barry come guest this time ;being at the match i have had a quick look at boston live ;at the very end a comment from toun said ( c/an we have jason field back now ) he was on the bench ; interesting ;;