Author Topic: Disappointed is an understatement today !  (Read 14416 times)

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Disappointed is an understatement today !
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2012, 12:05:08 PM »
This must be very disappointing for all concerned especially the happy clappers. 

We must get real however. 

It is not about the performance on the pitch it is about the bottom line and paying back £1 million to Lavaflow.

Of course Uncle Dave will never tell you so or you would never turn up to a game and part with your cash.

"Scouser: telling it how it is even though you don't want to know"
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2012, 12:55:59 PM »
I have vowed to give it six games before I comment on any individuals so this is a generalisation.

Why six games? Is this some sort of magical mathematical formula?  How many games should I be waiting for until I can tell you all that we are crap and headed for mediocrity once again this season?   :)
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2012, 01:04:58 PM »
Dear Scouser, how you have the gall to state 'we are crap' when you are not a supporter of the club, I really don't know.

Back under your stone, little boy.

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2012, 01:09:15 PM »
£1 million plus debt + promises to Mr Sotnick = crap team on the pitch.

You don't have to be Einstein to do the formula.   :o

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2012, 08:47:47 AM »
"Scouser: telling it how it is even though you don't want to know"

You told everyone who would listen at the time that it was pointless to build a case for saving the club around appealing to the tax mans social conscience.

So you don't tell it how it is. You tell it as you see it, sometimes right and sometimes wrong. Like everyone else.

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2012, 11:42:55 AM »
Sorry I thought HMRC moved in to get its money.  HMRC plays by the law of the land and there are no dispensations even for a rotten football club. :o

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2012, 12:47:11 PM »
Dear Scouser, how you have the gall to state 'we are crap' when you are not a supporter of the club, I really don't know.

Not sure where I said those three words that you quote Gussiepoohs unless there was a condition attached.  

However, if you want to gain any credibility at all on this forum you had better find them and quote the context too.  

Or else people will just think you are making it all up.   ;)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 12:56:06 PM by Scouse Pilgrim »

truthsayer

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2012, 12:48:56 PM »
I have no idea who you are Scouse, but it seems that you not the most popular person on here because you say what you see and think, even if in the opinions of some (and admittedly most of the members) its wrong.

I dont agree with quite everything you say, but hey its a public forum and everyone on here is entitled to their opinion no matter how many backs it rubs up.

i dont know if you live in or around boston, some of your posts alude to you living here some dont, but you certainly seem to stir things up and keep the place amusing.

If your ever abouit int town and fancy a beer n a chin wag...

TruthSayer

I think that i have now probably alienated my self from everyone on hereby daring to agree, acknowledge, confide, communicate, converse and recognise Mr Scouse, however having visited a selection of the Queens State Hotels, theres nowt much im afraid of now

truthsayer

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2012, 12:53:09 PM »
I have vowed to give it six games before I comment on any individuals so this is a generalisation.

Why six games? Is this some sort of magical mathematical formula?  How many games should I be waiting for until I can tell you all that we are crap and headed for mediocrity once again this season?   :)

See above Mr Scouse, although I think your being quoted out of context.. with a little paraphrasing thrown in.

I believe i have now reserved myself a place on a crucification cross somewhere...

TruthSayer

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2012, 12:58:14 PM »
Very polite.

I like "Mr Scouse".

Consider yourself in Scouse's good books (for the time being) along with Gussiegussetpoohs.

Perhaps you can teach him a few tricks?  :bunny

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2012, 01:02:55 PM »
If your ever abouit int town and fancy a beer n a chin wag...

I have given up the drink. Wanted to set an example to the Temperance Movement that seemingly stalks this forum so earnestly.

Unless you are a stunning 6 foot blond (or brunette) with massive puppies it is a long way to come up for a chat.  But appreciate the thought. xxxx

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2012, 01:12:42 PM »
Sorry I thought HMRC moved in to get its money.  HMRC plays by the law of the land and there are no dispensations even for a rotten football club. :o

You seem to have missed a few important events at BUFC. The following should clear up a few things for you:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/boston_united/7369021.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_conf/7411041.stm

truthsayer

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2012, 01:13:22 PM »
So you would be "Up Narf" then...

There cant be too many Temperance folks here, what with all the beer festivals that have benn mentioned of late.

Finally, i am not 6 feet of buxom blond femaleness, more short fat balding so seems we have shit out on every much level, other than our habit of irritating people, most of which i do in the real world, often with mixed results...

Keep up the good work!

TS

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2012, 01:50:15 PM »
Sorry I thought HMRC moved in to get its money.  HMRC plays by the law of the land and there are no dispensations even for a rotten football club. :o

You seem to have missed a few important events at BUFC. The following should clear up a few things for you:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/boston_united/7369021.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_conf/7411041.stm

Not at all Uncle Ken.  There is nothing here from Dave that tells me that HMRC let them off the hook and they certainly did not let Sotnick/Rodwell off the hook.  :)

And who is the £1 million creditor on the balance sheet?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 01:53:46 PM by Scouse Pilgrim »

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2012, 03:06:35 PM »
Unless you are a stunning 6 foot blond (or brunette) with massive puppies it is a long way to come up for a chat.  But appreciate the thought. xxxx

Hope your wife's not on this forum SP?

Anyway, back on topic.  I'm in the queue of disappointed.  First 10 minutes, they seemed the worse team we've come up against in a long time...but we weren't far behind.  They scored the goal - was there a hint of offside?.  They then dropped a bit deeper and we didn't seem to have a way of breaking them down?  Should've finished 2-0 if it wasn't for the great clearance off the line by their centre forward!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 03:22:33 PM by Ferret »