Author Topic: UNIBOND PREMIER FAIR PLAY LEAGUE - AUGUST  (Read 3594 times)

CRANWELL PILGRIM

• View Profile
UNIBOND PREMIER FAIR PLAY LEAGUE - AUGUST
« on: September 06, 2009, 10:59:29 PM »
"The August UniBond “Fair Play” awards have been won by BURSCOUGH, AFC FYLDE and RUSHALL OLYMPIC respectively. For the first time ever there was a four way tie for the Premier Division prize with Burscough, Durham City, Guiseley and Marine all having seven cautions in six games. Burscough took the award by virtue of having more games without a booking than their three rivals. Burscough will be presented with their award of a 1.5 litre bottle of Famous Grouse Whiskey prior to the kick off of their home fixture versus Stocksbridge Park Steels on the 15th September"
Above quote from league site.
Can anyone explain why we did not win it with only three bookings in six August games. SEEMS UNFAIR TO ME!!

Seenbetter

Re: UNIBOND PREMIER FAIR PLAY LEAGUE - AUGUST
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 08:00:12 AM »
What do you expect. Bloody FA, bloody refs. Are we still being abused by the people in charge.
Anyway, are you picking me up tomorrow night or shall I see you there.

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 08:54:51 PM »
According to the Fair Play League - http://www.unibondleague.com/images/fp5%20colour.pdf - we've had a player sent off......anybody any ideas, unless they're counting Rob Scott against Guiseley?

Stumpie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 09:05:28 PM »
what a load of shite

CRANWELL PILGRIM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 10:32:32 PM »
So we have the least points,  but still not deemed to win.....it is shite!!!

Still, sure it must be in the rules somewhere >:(

Lets show um tomorrow night. Onwards and upwards.

ps. Will pick you up Seeingbetter. Should have gone to Specsavers ;)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 10:42:47 PM by CRANWELL PILGRIM »

Seenbetter

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 09:06:25 AM »
Sending off RS shouldn't count 'cos we still had a manager on the pitch. two managers appointed was obviously part of a cunning plan. Bet the FA are wondering what to do about it 'cos it makes sending off our manager look rediculous. Mind you the authorities are very good at making themselves look rediculous.
The problem the authorities have with Boston is that our Chairman and Neil are more intelligent than they are. Perhaps now is the time to bring up the idea of a CONSPIRACY THEORY. I will start.
Fancy dress man has been told to look the other way when BU players are hacked down.