Author Topic: BUFC 6-0.....  (Read 9949 times)

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: BUFC 6-0.....
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2012, 09:41:02 AM »
Excellent performance all round. They were far from the best team we will play this year, but we played as a team at last, and had pace which will always put defenders in this league under pressure

Only slight criticism despite a clean sheet, we looked a bit casual at the back several times, and better sides would have punished us, but overall great start.

jonathanBUFC

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2012, 09:47:13 AM »
what a fantastic performance and win! The whole team performed very well! the only down side is ian ross and maybe jellyman looked to be injured. i hope we get the goals replayed like they did for that one game last season for a trial. I think we will beat Hinckley on saturday. They are second from bottom and dont seem to be a strong side. come on the pilgrims! roll on saturday!

BosLeake

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2012, 02:01:19 PM »
Hi All

Yes abit different united team last night from the shambles that turned out last season, At the moment my season ticket is looking very good value LoL

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2012, 05:14:48 PM »
Hi All

Yes abit different united team last night from the shambles that turned out last season, At the moment my season ticket is looking very good value LoL

Only 'a bit different' as what 8 turned out for us last year?
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2012, 05:53:16 PM »
Goes to show what a difference 3/4 new players in key positions can make LCB.
Looks as JL may have it right this season.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2012, 07:25:53 PM »
What really impressed me was the fact if we lost the ball how quick we won it back and the effort put into getting back. Well done to the Hyde/Lee partnership. Not forgetting the fitness coach :)
Also apart from Jelly the back four are all local lads which is nice to see.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2012, 11:11:41 PM »

I know, it also shows how quickly people forget and forgive despite the fact we've no idea if the two we've played will turn out to be whipping boys and all we are is first in the queue.

For the record, I thought last years side showed promise of a change, and was happy to give it another go without wholesale changes. 

We'll not truely know where we stand until we meet another early front runner.  We could win against Hinkley then Bishops and still be no closer to knowing if we've got enough.  For me the Droylsden result was the more impressive of the two, it showed professionalism ahead of some of their years and that instinct to get something even if it ain't pretty.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

BosLeake

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2012, 08:42:00 AM »
II

I know, it also shows how quickly people forget and forgive despite the fact we've no idea if the two we've played will turn out to be whipping boys and all we are is first in the queue.

For the record, I thought last years side showed promise of a change, and was happy to give it another go without wholesale changes.  

We'll not truely know where we stand until we meet another early front runner.  We could win against Hinkley then Bishops and still be no closer to knowing if we've got enough.  For me the Droylsden result was the more impressive of the two, it showed professionalism ahead of some of their years and that instinct to get something even if it ain't pretty.
Sorry lcb wrong end of the stick i was knocking at our sides pattern of play last year not the players that were involved kind regards.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 08:49:55 AM by BosLeake »

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2012, 09:54:47 AM »
why sorry bosleake.we have a far better side .we can easely play 4,4,2 or 4.3.3 our bench will allway's look stronger as well.

Senny

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2012, 10:13:37 AM »
One of my favourite bits on Tuesday night (in addition to the result and performance) was to see Shaun Pearson in attendance once again.

I have seen him there several times since he left and he was sat just behind me in the main stand with two friends - he was cheering and celebrating as much as anyone else when the goals went in, particularly when Marc Newsham netted.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2012, 12:16:18 PM »

We'll not truely know where we stand until we meet another early front runner.  We could win against Hinkley then Bishops and still be no closer to knowing if we've got enough.  For me the Droylsden result was the more impressive of the two, it showed professionalism ahead of some of their years and that instinct to get something even if it ain't pretty.

Agree with that, especially the piece about the side showing promise last year (towards the end mainly).

As for the game maybe I'm just hard to please but I agree with JL I thought we where poor up until we scored our first, which was against the run of play. Once that first went in though we played some good stuff.

I didn't think Histon were that bad on the ball or offensively, their defence was woeful though.

I still think there is more to come and there needs to be, as LCB states there will be tougher challenges.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2012, 01:04:51 AM »
What really impressed me was the fact if we lost the ball how quick we won it back and the effort put into getting back. Well done to the Hyde/Lee partnership. Not forgetting the fitness coach :)
Also apart from Jelly the back four are all local lads which is nice to see.

Jelly is local too, all be it peterborough !! :)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2012, 10:38:11 AM »
He's Welsh.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2012, 06:57:46 AM »
He's Welsh.

As is Stainfield, according to Wikipaedia.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_United

... We've also got a striker named Juris Kormis on our Wikipaedia page. He could be Latvian (if the flag is correct). Have I missed something? Does anyone know who he is?

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2012, 07:59:44 AM »
He is a Latvian, youth team forward.
Also a latvian under 17 international.
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds