Author Topic: Match Ratings V Hinckley  (Read 7387 times)

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Match Ratings V Hinckley
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2012, 11:45:22 AM »
hugely disappointing today. Where was the momentum from Tuesday?
we should have started much quicker and put pressure on them right from the start, but we seemed to sit back were outmuscled by a big physical side, got no support from a poor referee, had no plan B from the sidelines and paid the price with a bad defeat against a side who I thought were much worse than us.

I know Nathan played well, but he must stop giving away free kicks in these positions, and several penalties last year, and who lined up that free kick -- we could all clearly see from Spayne lane the gap on the end of the wall-- very poor.

Must improve on Monday and freshen the side up.

Tony A

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2012, 12:30:24 PM »
Goalkeeper at fault for both goals. Should have cut out the cross ( edge of six yard box) for the first, and didn't get the wall right for the second. Goalkeepers job to organise the wall. According to that we should have won one nil  :dan. Haystead did look a bit shaky at times, flapping and misjudging crosses. all in all we seem to have a good squad, so it's early days to judge. I think the result will give give them a kick up the backside ready for Monday.

soccermad67

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2012, 01:14:51 PM »
Match Officials
Hard earned cash  to go and see a game of football, only to be spoilt by very poor match day officials
points out 10 for the ref 0 infact he was very poor
Just where do thet get these very poor match day officials from ?

jonathanBUFC

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2012, 01:52:03 PM »
Bufc rubbish against hinckley. Im posative about boston but im not going to hide from it!! They were not strong enough compared to hinckley, and there was to much long ball! They needed to PLAY IT ON THE FLOOR! We play our best like that! Not tall enough or strong enough to win the ball against their team/back 4!! I think at half time they needed to be told, rather than circle time at the end of the game! if anything they needed encouragement and they needed to be told during the game. It was very obviouse to me that they were bigger and a biggerb stronger and we was going to win nothing in the air so, so they needed to get it on the floor and play the passing game, because thats how we take teams apart. They did have times when they did put soem good passing movement together, but there wasn't enough of this in the game, but when we did that was when they played their best.They need to bounce back and straight to it on monday and hope that it was just an off game!! Cmon BUFC!

jonathanBUFC

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2012, 02:29:29 PM »
I think the strikers worked hard but it wasnt there day aprt from spencer who got his goal. Fairclough played well but he coild have played better if he had the ball more instead of playing long ball. i think jason stokes should have come on because Kallum smith was exhausted. Jason lee said they are tired because he put the same 11 out 3 games in a row, and he said its difficult for them so why do it?? However he saisd hes looking to change it a bit and everyone will get their chance. Lets hope that ios the case

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2012, 04:37:28 PM »
I thought it was a cardboard cut out of Jason Lee in the dugout until he started to walk off the pitch!  I know not all managers like to rant and rave for 90 minutes but he didn't seem to communicate with the players at all during the game.

BosLeake

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2012, 08:13:51 PM »
I think the strikers worked hard but it wasnt there day aprt from spencer who got his goal. Fairclough played well but he coild have played better if he had the ball more instead of playing long ball. i think jason stokes should have come on because Kallum smith was exhausted. Jason lee said they are tired because he put the same 11 out 3 games in a row, and he said its difficult for them so why do it?? However he saisd hes looking to change it a bit and everyone will get their chance. Lets hope that ios the case

Yes some good points there & they was a stronger side than Histon we did not get it all our own way, but boy did we play into their hands, Jones ok in the air but better on the deck.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 08:16:30 PM by BosLeake »

bluenose

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2012, 09:44:52 PM »
can't get my head round silk for marshall.it was plain to see as the game went on smith struggled , why not smith for stoke's  :'(

Sure Stokes is right footed, never a fan of putting a right winger on the left most times they spend all match cutting in , they have got to be some player to play on the wrong side as a winger.

Just out of curiosity is Joe French a right or Left winger? , never seen him play.
I think Marshall took a knock.

Stokes is pretty much 2-footed - I've seen him cross a ball equally well with either foot.

French is a right-winger, but nowadays wingers should be OK playing on the other flank (as long as they have a full back overlapping). He said on his twitter that he is putting work in to improve his left foot.
Stokes can play either wing, can cross with either foot or cut in with pace, but being stuck on the bench is not going prove anything!

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2012, 09:56:18 PM »
Blue nose, Stokes looks a decent player with lots of potential but your posts are starting to remind me of those of Ricky Millers dad a couple of years ago!