Author Topic: Tonight  (Read 6263 times)

Chelsea

• View Profile
Tonight
« on: September 08, 2009, 10:09:23 PM »
What a shocking game, players on the pitch just not up to the challenge. Hoof ball the only option used???? Sure to empty the stadium

Bob Lee

Re: Tonight
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 10:24:03 PM »
agree with that >:(

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 10:32:52 PM »
Hello Chelsea's back. While things have been going well not a word but as soon as things go wrong you're on here moaning. Why not go the whole hog and criticize Craig and call the management the comedy duo again? T*sser.

Shodfried

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 10:37:16 PM »
What a shocking game, players on the pitch just not up to the challenge. Hoof ball the only option used???? Sure to empty the stadium

Who do you support Chelsea, because from the tone of all your previous posts it sure isn't Boston Utd....... ::)

I tend to look at it as a work in progress........I'm not one of the Happy Clappers who sees no wrong in anything connected to the club but conversely I'm not going to slag off the players 4 weeks into the season after a couple of poor results.

Maybe we're not quite as good at present as we'd like to think we are........ ::)

Boo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 10:52:46 PM »
The long ball tactic employed by the team was a managerial decision based on what they saw of Matlock pre-season. Although this team can play the passing game, we are average at best.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 10:59:47 PM »
Hey Boo,how do u know that ..?

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 11:11:47 PM »
 well ..the Managers have assembled a basic squad ,, can't they look for a loan player or 2 to add that bit extra ..?

Chelsea

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 06:57:18 AM »
Shody and WP.  I have supported the pilgrims for 30+ years and not just by passing through the gate, but do expect to see some football played not the crap we have seen at York Street this season.

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 10:43:56 AM »
Who do you support Chelsea, because from the tone of all your previous posts it sure isn't Boston Utd....... ::)

Ebbsfleet?

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2009, 11:25:23 AM »
Shody and WP.  I have supported the pilgrims for 30+ years and not just by passing through the gate, but do expect to see some football played not the crap we have seen at York Street this season.

Its a new team, if you got 18 strangers together to make a new car chances are it would be a bit chaotic at first, and it would probably break down a lot, but give them time and experience and they could turn into a ferrari.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2009, 01:20:21 PM »
So far comments from Chelsea:

Several sarcastic posts about lack of signings
Said that the current management team relied on Welsh for names and numbers of signings
Called the management team the comedy duo
Said they’d (Scott and Hurst) would be gone by Christmas
Had a pop at the programme and in particular Craig which turned into a bit of a vendetta
When someone mentioned an ex player to be signed and gave a cryptic clue of hoof you brought up Rob Wesley
Complained about Mitch Griffiths going saying he is moving to a team higher on the up (didn’t realise Deeping Rangers where higher than us..)

This is all pre season before a ball is kicked.

Since then...

Questioned Butcher after his mistake in the friendly against Lincoln despite how he played last season

Then nothing while things are going well until last night slating the tactics.

Please do tell me how any of that is "supporting" the club? As Shody has said criticism is welcome but it has to be constructive. All you do is snipe and moan. It is a free country and you can say what you want but all you come across as is a very bitter man/woman and unless you say something constructive I will continue to disregard everything you say and urge everyone else to do the same.

Seenbetter

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2009, 01:50:01 PM »
I know SnH msut do their work looking at other teams but other managers are doing the same on us and if I were one of those managers I would look at Boston and think there is a team that relies on the long, high ball to a front man. So if we neutralise that threat we are in with a chance. The thing is we have some very talented players who can play the ball on the ground but we don't keep it long enough to do that. Davidson amazes me with his ground work for such a tall player but if he can't get off the ground then his height advantage is negated by  smaller players who can get off the ground.
Still, early days yet and I'm sure our game will get a lot better.
Hope Cannoville is ok. I think he is the man the team look to for example and leadership because of his experience and presence.
Onwards and upwards.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2009, 02:55:07 PM »
Seeing your claim that you have followed football 30 years Chelsea you should realise that it takes time to blend a team, Therefore we should all note WP posting.

cambocakes

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2009, 04:18:42 PM »
Not quite firing on all cylinders,but 5th in the league. Well i cant wait when they do fire on all.Young team and a new one on that,it takes a good season for a new team to click. At least we have the cylinders in place....what im impressed with is the work ethic. Constant work at all times with no pasengers, challenging and being strong.God just cast your mind back to last season.Im very optimistic..