Author Topic: v Burscough  (Read 25436 times)

sshh u no hoo

• View Profile
Re: v Burscough
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2009, 06:36:48 PM »
Now that could start a fascinating debate, two biggies? One biggie and a lillt'un? or two little'uns?

Apart from Drogba and Anelka, (who didn't play too  much together last year) two great six foot players but hardly the stereotype lummox of a centre forward most biggies get labelled with

In years gone by we had, and just to start with a few
Toshack & Keegan
Greaves & Gilzean
Smith & Wright

Currently we have.....
Adebayor and Tevez/Robinho
Crouch & Defoe 
Berbatov & Rooney

There is no doubt about it that over the last few years, there has been an explosion of smaller nippy strikers, Johnson, Cole, Owen, Defoe, Rooney, Eduardo, Torres, keane, Tevez, Robinho and the like, backed up by a posse of sprinters ETO, Henry, Anelka and the like

the biggies seem to find refuge at those teams with a reputation for shall we say direct up and at them style, and for evidence examine the front men of Bolton, Blackburn, Stoke, Birmingham, Sunderland and the likes

Not that it means bugger all for us, but a fascinating point that could take up many hours in pubs and coach trips travelling to games thats for sure

For me? One biggie one and one little'un

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2009, 07:15:04 PM »

well thats better than none and Hitler only had one (allegedly)

Pilgrim21

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2009, 07:47:10 PM »

well thats better than none and Hitler only had one (allegedly)

:D :D :D now that's funny :D :D :D

Seenbetter

« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2009, 07:53:39 AM »
Isn't this forum great. We can begin with something that could develope our football intellectuality and within minutes it's reduced to a load of bo**ocks. Perhaps if, unlike Hitler, we had two on Saturday our lot could have gone off to some remote part of the pitch and played with themselves.
I suppose having a bigun and a littleun makes sense. Two biguns at the same time might encourage too much of the long high ball. When we have played football on the ground it's looked pretty good.
Anyway, come on you black n ambers. Still chuffed with the way things are going at the club and good to see SnH getting great support from everyone on here.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2009, 07:59:36 AM »
What's with the scaffold terrace, that's new since last time went?
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Seenbetter

« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2009, 08:10:11 AM »
"I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request". Knew I had heared it somewhere and on Saturday watched The Black Pearl thingy on tele and heared it again. Perhaps we could all adopt quotes. I might have "two biguns or a littleun and a bigun, that is the question".
Scaffolding ?. No idea.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2009, 05:54:10 PM »
"I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request". Knew I had heared it somewhere and on Saturday watched The Black Pearl thingy on tele and heared it again. Perhaps we could all adopt quotes. I might have "two biguns or a littleun and a bigun, that is the question".
Scaffolding ?. No idea.

Lord Cutler Beckett is the captain of the good ship endeavour in said film (although I thought it was at a worlds end,)

Sadly it is only a forum name and I'm nothing like the said good lord "Haughty, cultured, and sophisticated, it is Beckett's very arrogance which leads him to his death."

Seenbetter

« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2009, 08:14:19 PM »
I think you must be horty, culchered and sofistikated cos I can't even spell em.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2009, 08:25:17 PM »
Cmd C, Cmd V from Wikipedia, jobs a gud un! ;D