Author Topic: v Burscough  (Read 25416 times)

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: v Burscough
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2009, 09:02:30 PM »
Ooops, forgot one.  ;D

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2009, 09:10:04 PM »
Worst performance of the season by a mile. Thought the game was spoiled by the wind and some over-fussy officiating making it hard for either team to get any passage of play. Despite being a goal up we where poor first half and goal apart didn't really create anything. In spite of this still fancied us to take the points as Burscough had been slightly worse.

Not sure what their manager said at half time but they came out second half and took us apart somewhat. After some strong defensive performances up until today can hardly believe what happened, we looked like we'd concede every time they went forward. Personally think Evans should of saved all 3 of their goals and would be very surprised if Butcher doesn't get a run out Tuesday. Wood and Cully both looked jaded and Liam Parker had a bit of a mare. Sleath in the middle had a poor game by his standards and up front...well apart from the goal only Sleath late on forced a save from their keeper.

Think the managers will have learned a lot from today the main thing being not to play the 2 big strikers together. We had absolutely no penetration al all. As has been said it's how a team bounces back from a defeat that shows how good it is so let's hope we can get that first home win Tuesday.

Too many players had an off day together today for us to get anything out of the game so I would say that it was the right result. That's not taking anything away from Burscough who worked hard all game and eventually got their rewards. For me though we have already beaten better teams this season so just put it down to 1 of them days. I would think there will be several changes for Tuesday (if it where me)

GK: Butcher
RB: Cullingworth
CB: Canners
CB: Pearson (if fit)
LB: Jackson
CM: Camm
RM: Chruch
LM: Kennedy
RF: Cotton
CF: Clarke
LF: Newsham

I would go with this as there where a lot of players who looked tired today and I think a rest would do some of them good, would also show how good the squad is.

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2009, 09:25:07 PM »
That was the reaction that summed up the day really Ken!

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2009, 09:36:50 PM »
That was the reaction that summed up the day really Ken!

I thought you were trying to stop your mate nicking your hair piece  :D
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

sparks

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2009, 10:26:45 PM »

The pairing of Danny and Mikel just didn't work for me without the support of natural
   wingers who would and could of got to the byeline and put balls into the box for the
   big men to feed off, then push Churchy and Sleathy up there to pick up the bits.

A lot of under acheivers today at Victoria Park, Tuesdays game cannot come quick
   enough to put this result to bed.......... long season still, a hell of a lot to play for and
   this squad is far better than todays result suggests. Changes I would assume will be
   made for the visit of Matlock Town before the possibility of complacency starts to
   creep in amongst a talented bunch of players..................
Simplicity is Genious...... Never touch an Electrician with no eyebrows.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2009, 10:57:41 PM »
 So it s back to 442..?
   And we need another winger ?
   ( Wingers could tackle back ,,that doesn't easily happen with 433.)
    To day our central midfield got largely bypassed in 2nd half..don't wish that to happen again.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2009, 11:11:07 PM »
onwards too tuesday ' bouncebackabilty' factor will have too come in too affect

felt we never really looked our best today even at 1 up although cannot fault any of the lads on effort shown , just things did'nt go our way today

think their will be changes made on tuesday although not as many as maybe expected, think alot of these lads will wanna get this result out of their system , they did'nt look happy at all best way too do that will be getting a good result tuesday night, and we don't wanna be tinkering too much , would do no good for anyone

also remember we have a versitile bunch of players here

no need too panic at all , was going too happen sooner or later

better it happend away , if it was at home the moaning mini's would of had a field day

also really dont like the look of DD & MS up top

think for game on tuesday id go with

Evans

Canners
Pearson ( if fit)
Parker
Cully

Cotton
Chruch
Camm
Kennedy

Davidson
Clarke

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2009, 09:44:52 AM »
I think the Davidson/Clarke partnership is our best bet, it has worked so far this season.

Im a bit worried about Chris Wood though, in a couple of games he has looked a bit dodgy....

Stumpie

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2009, 12:54:10 PM »
Clarke & Newsham.. why do we need a big striker on, it just makes us play the long ball all the time

colindavy

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2009, 01:23:36 PM »
The first time I've seen the team this season.......hmmmm....not very good today. Two beanpoles up front looked promising but they struggled to get any incisive headers from the long balls kicked up to them from well in our own half.  Second half, Burscough looked fired up and took advantage of the wind behind them, using fast players to take advantage of balls played forward and to feet. Their number seven began looking very threatening and they passed the ball to him regularly. Their first goal was a free kick that ran through the everyone, second goal was squeezed somehow through at the near post, and the third goal was a cross that drifted into the far corner. That was that really, despite our tall forwards being withdrawn.

Oh well, perhaps I jinxed them.

chris47

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2009, 01:35:09 PM »
In a strange kind of way I am actually relieved we lost today. The fact that we were unbeaten left me waiting for the first defeat to happen.

Now its done lets hope it does not happen very often. I will not be able to make the Tuesday game - so they should do well.

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2009, 02:20:02 PM »
Disapointed to have lost but i think it was a one off for now some players where having problems out there and id expect to see changes

gk: evans
rb: woody
cb: pearson
cb:canners
lb: cully
cm:Church
cm: Sleath
cm: Camm
cf: cotton
cf: Newsham
cf: Clarke

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2009, 03:47:24 PM »
 Agree Newsham and Clarke up front , and Pearson needs a game def .
  Unsure about full backs mooted .. not as impressed with Culli as some..widewise any way .
    So that leaves 2 beanies benched ..if we could trade say Suarez .. who would U add to the squad ??

Poros

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2009, 04:22:19 PM »
No speaka da english?

Seenbetter

« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2009, 05:12:55 PM »
Please correct me if I'm wrong, and it's all good for debate, didn't a little slip of a lad help preserve our dignity towards the end of last season by scoring goals for us. I personally think that tall players aren't as necessary as is often made out. I agree that they can be useful for crosses or flicking on situations but they have to be more useful than that. Davidson surprised me with his good ground work for such a tall feller but sometimes he tries to take on too many and loses the ball and his first touch can let him down.
Anyway we had to lose a game sooner or later and RS on the radio said it was just one of those days. So, roll on Tuesday and hopefully to get back in winning ways. I still think there is better to come.