Author Topic: Seasons Expectations ?? Come On.. Voice your opinion United Fans !  (Read 9158 times)

Old yellow

• View Profile
Re: Seasons Expectations ?? Come On.. Voice your opinion United Fans !
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2012, 03:00:04 PM »
If we add a strong central defender before the season starts then we will finish fourth,if not i expect us to finish 6th or 7th

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2012, 07:54:56 AM »
5th place finish.

Some very positive pre-season signings. The squad looks a lot better than this time last year.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2012, 01:36:14 PM »
Most people are listing hopes and expectations so on that basis:

Every season you have to hope for top spot, if not then what's the point. Expectations? Difficult one to judge but personally I think we'll be at the right end of the table. A lot will depend on how the young cb's progress and how well they can be shielded (mainly by Wilson I guess).

I am much more positive than this time last season, the average age of the squad is a lot lower thankfully and we look like we have goals in us, not just from strikers but other positions, something that was predictably missing last pre-season (Stones, Joachim and Suarez where never going to be prolific).

As I said a lot depends on whether Ward and Stainfield can progress from average Conf North cb's to good ones, if they can make that leap then we have a good chance of promotion, also Kern Miller is a bit of an unknown who could come in and do well. Last season we where 4 players short of a play-off team, in Haystead, Wilson and Jones I think we have 3 of those with the only ? over centre defence.

I was going to predict top 10 but have changed my mind and am going to predict a play-off spot minimum.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2012, 03:36:32 PM »
Im With Woad.

Watching last night i thought we looked not only a hungry team but a much cooler team with smarter movement and passing, Not only that but i also thought newsham has grown about a foot and the team is so much quicker and sharper in all departments.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2012, 05:44:12 PM »
Personally the longer pre season has gone and the more high calibre signings we seem to have made the higher my expectations are. For me we were five players away from a top side last year, along with the three WP has mentioned I feel Silk and Miller seem to have the potential to fill two other problem areas.

milo1972

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2012, 06:27:33 AM »
Delighted with the signing of Gary Silk and Matt Wilson. Great captures by Jason Lee which will add much needed experience to the squad.

So far im happy with the squad. Much better than last season. Feeling optimistic and firmly believe if we get off to a good start who knows how the season will roll out.

UTP

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2012, 07:57:52 AM »
I'm more positive than a couple of days ago by virtue of Wilson stating that he would like to make the loan move permanent and the signing of Silk appears to be an excellent move.  I still have the same reservations about centre half and agree with WP wholeheartedly here.

I think that we can't really tell from pre-season performances though - 92/93 anyone?

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2012, 08:34:56 AM »
Expect and Hope to be in the hunt for the playoffs, but the league looks tough this year with there only really being 5 places up for grabs and a few money teams in there.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2012, 11:12:48 PM »
Regarding central defence, if Ward is fit for the opening day, him and Stainfield should start together. They need to build a partnership, which started last season. Miller will be OK for the bench, and Munn as back up.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/