Author Topic: £10 Too Expensive For A Friendly  (Read 6009 times)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
£10 Too Expensive For A Friendly
« on: July 31, 2012, 12:41:40 PM »
I think the £10 Fantasy Island admission price is too high for the forthcoming friendly fixtures. I mean, Hull City will just be bringing their Development squad so I doubt we will be seeing any 'stars'.

Having a quick look around the websites of various League 1 and League 2 clubs, even most of them don't charge a tenner for friendlies.

Appreciate there is no obligation to attend but I think it's a shame the Club have set the prices at this level.

DL

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: £10 Too Expensive For A Friendly
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 07:58:20 PM »
Same comes up every year DL.

Maybe it is or maybe it aint but im always one of those that says if you think it is then save your money< if not then see everyone there.

No point moaning as it is 10 pound

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 08:14:13 PM »
I think football at all levels is over priced so I don't attend anything like the amount of games I did 10 years ago.

BUFC are just one of many clubs who over price the product and alienate a large section of the support, by no means are they the worst offenders but given how the support rallied round after relegation and the subsequent demotions I think the pricing is frankly scandalous for this level.

However I'm not going to crucify Dave Newton for it, he's kept senior football alive in the town when others would have walked away.

Its quite simple though really; if you don't think its worth the money, don't go.

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 10:55:26 PM »
Fact: while the club still runs at a loss, the main priority in setting admission prices has to be to maximise revenues. Football supporters are notoriously fickle, but on the grounds of performance not price. If BUFC win the league then they could probably charge £15 and still get 2,000 per match in the run in. If we end up in the bottom half, gates will probably be sub 1000 even if they charged half that. Whatever way you look at that, high prices make sense, and in reality the board have no choice but to set admission prices on the high side until the club is on a sustainable footing.

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 12:09:18 AM »
Good value when you see what you get for £22 in Grantham for a "Groupon " Bargain:

Wellbeing: Colonic Hydrotherapy Session for £22, Mon-Sun in Grantham

Sounds more fun than attending that windswept atheletics track

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 10:42:54 PM »
I think the £10 Fantasy Island admission price is too high for the forthcoming friendly fixtures. I mean, Hull City will just be bringing their Development squad so I doubt we will be seeing any 'stars'.

Having a quick look around the websites of various League 1 and League 2 clubs, even most of them don't charge a tenner for friendlies.

Appreciate there is no obligation to attend but I think it's a shame the Club have set the prices at this level.

DL

To stand in SL was £8 so thats not too bad....and the 3 game match programme aint bad value at a  £1.

gizmo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 11:03:06 PM »
Peterborough united were charging £15 for adults and £5 for under 16s tonight against Aston villa

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 07:47:36 AM »
Gizmo,

The Posh entrance fee a little more justified considering Villa actually brought first team players  and internationals at that. Posh also gave David Farrell a run out and some would have turned up to see him being as he is a Posh legend.

I'm not so bothered about our league prices being a bit higher but friendly matches are just that - warm up games - a chance for players to get fit - a chance for management to try out different formations, look at trialists etc.

£5 would have been a sensible admission price in my opinion. Perhaps try and entice a few of those that dropped off during last season to come back with a bit of a taster for the season ahead. Or maybe even a deal to cover all three home games.

DL

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 11:37:33 AM »
This is a copy of an email i was sent.
Come Cheer On Faz!
Peterborough United legend David Farrell will make his playing return this evening during the pre-season friendly with Aston Villa, the club in which ‘Faz’ started his career.
The former flying winger, scorer of arguably the greatest hat-trick in the club’s history, will be given 30 minutes of playing time to celebrate his career with over 10-years service as a player and as a member of the community team at London Road.
Aston Villa are bringing a full side for the fixture and fans can pay on the turnstiles at the South Stand and London Road Terrace. To sit in the Main Stand fans need to obtain a ticket from the ticket office. Admission prices are £15 for adults and £5 for juniors under 16s (sitting or standing).
The action gets underway at 7.45pm.

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 12:51:15 PM »
if you didnt goto the Hull game you missed out...very good game and some good individual performances from BUFC players....Frenchs opening goal was a cracker and Ross equaliser sweet and sublime...well worth the admission fee IMO...

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2012, 07:03:41 PM »
Peterborough united were charging £15 for adults and £5 for under 16s tonight against Aston villa
Forest are charging £10 adults for home games against Aston Villa and West Brom.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2012, 08:47:06 PM »
And we charge £10 for our friendlies........now who's over charging?

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2012, 09:15:13 PM »
Forest are charging £10 adults for home games against Aston Villa and West Brom.

ok.....but they will probably get a gate of 10000 or so....we got a hundred or two vs Hull City......Forests new owners are also trying to win the fans round......

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2012, 09:40:55 PM »
And we charge £10 for our friendlies........now who's over charging?

As a Boston fan, I'd rather pay £10 to watch us than go to watch Forest...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/