Author Topic: Tonights game..  (Read 7175 times)

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
Tonights game..
« on: July 24, 2012, 09:39:15 PM »
Lincoln United 0-4 Boston United Newsham 2 (both pens) Jones 2
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

BosLeake

• View Profile
Re: Tonights game..
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 09:54:36 PM »
Hey another clean sheet!!  :o

Any Star performances?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 09:57:07 PM by BosLeake »

womble

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 10:30:43 PM »
Miller looked assured at the back, well built for a young un. Mark Jones came on second half and looks to be a good acquisition, even the lino said and I quote " that lad can finish". Not sure Reed and Smith will be regular starters but I am quietly optimistic. Overall a workmanlike performance with room for improvement. ;)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 11:15:23 PM »
Three good performances now - albeit against lesser opposition. Still think we will need 2 players to cope with the rough and tumble of the Conference North though - an experienced centre half and midfield ball winner.

DL

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 07:42:35 AM »
I thought Reed had a blinder.

Talking to several Lincoln supporters during the game, they were all impressed and couldn't believe his age.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 12:06:11 PM »
Miller looked assured at the back, well built for a young un. Mark Jones came on second half and looks to be a good acquisition, even the lino said and I quote " that lad can finish". Not sure Reed and Smith will be regular starters but I am quietly optimistic. Overall a workmanlike performance with room for improvement. ;)
defence okay with options on bench /strikers okay with options on bench/midfield a big ?? i think ross and fairclough did well  :) :)

milo1972

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 08:37:20 PM »
Another solid performance but remember it was against lower league opposition again.

Im pleased with the signings so far. Mark Jones in particular. A good target player who can also control the ball well with his feet. The best signing is the appointment of the number 2 Graham Hyde. A guy with passion for the game and i firmly believe the younger players will learn a lot from him.

So far So good....

UTP

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 09:12:59 PM »
I thought Reed had a blinder.

Talking to several Lincoln supporters during the game, they were all impressed and couldn't believe his age.
I really like his confidence in running at players, something you don't see very often with central midfielders anymore.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 09:50:23 PM »

Both penalties were correctly awarded and Newsham gave the keeper no chance with either. The first came after a push on Ben Fairclough, whilst the second was for a handball offence. Between times we'd had another penalty call turned down, with the referee awarding us a free kick just outside the penalty area instead. I actually thought the challenge was inside the box. But if we'd been given three penalties in one half of football then under the law of averages we might not have got another one all season.

Fairclough was my man of the match overall, and Lincoln United had no answer to his pace. I thought Jones was arguably our best player after he came on though. He took his chances very well and is more mobile than most strikers of his stature.

The jury is still out for me on Kern Miller. As someone else has said he has all the physical attributes to make a good central defender. But on too many occasions his clearances were "long ball". He cleared his lines, but a lot of those clearances didn't really favour our smaller attackers like Fairclough, Newsham, Weir-Daley and Smith. Sometimes he just needs to look for a shorter pass and keep possession. Still, it's early days. With the right coaching there's still time for him to kick the bad habits he no doubt learnt at Sincil Bank.

Reed did enough to suggest he might get a run in the side at the start of the season - possibly at Milnes' expense. In the three games I haven't yet seen enough from Kallum Smith though; as things stand currently he wouldn't be in my starting XI at Droylsden.

Incidentally did anyone else suffer with insect bites at Ashby Avenue? I got up this morning with sore red blotches on my legs. It's uncomfortable, and the idea of a cold winter's day in Workington currently seems a whole lot more appealing!

womble

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 10:28:56 PM »
I too got bitten by the little blighters,they even managed to draw blood! Another lathering of antiseptic cream before bed methinks. >:(

BosLeake

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 10:37:42 PM »

Both penalties were correctly awarded and Newsham gave the keeper no chance with either. The first came after a push on Ben Fairclough, whilst the second was for a handball offence. Between times we'd had another penalty call turned down, with the referee awarding us a free kick just outside the penalty area instead. I actually thought the challenge was inside the box. But if we'd been given three penalties in one half of football then under the law of averages we might not have got another one all season.

Fairclough was my man of the match overall, and Lincoln United had no answer to his pace. I thought Jones was arguably our best player after he came on though. He took his chances very well and is more mobile than most strikers of his stature.

The jury is still out for me on Kern Miller. As someone else has said he has all the physical attributes to make a good central defender. But on too many occasions his clearances were "long ball". He cleared his lines, but a lot of those clearances didn't really favour our smaller attackers like Fairclough, Newsham, Weir-Daley and Smith. Sometimes he just needs to look for a shorter pass and keep possession. Still, it's early days. With the right coaching there's still time for him to kick the bad habits he no doubt learnt at Sincil Bank.

Reed did enough to suggest he might get a run in the side at the start of the season - possibly at Milnes' expense. In the three games I haven't yet seen enough from Kallum Smith though; as things stand currently he wouldn't be in my starting XI at Droylsden.

Incidentally did anyone else suffer with insect bites at Ashby Avenue? I got up this morning with sore red blotches on my legs. It's uncomfortable, and the idea of a cold winter's day in Workington currently seems a whole lot more appealing!

Nice Post lots of info Cheers

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2012, 07:30:24 AM »
The little baskets got me as well, drew blood in five places, and itchy blobs as well.

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2012, 10:33:30 AM »
The little baskets got me as well, drew blood in five places, and itchy blobs as well.

Thought your blobs were always itchy, Gus!

Lomax11

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2012, 11:05:50 AM »
Would of been really nice to see the young lads travis munn and Keiran joeseph involved as I though they done really well at sleaford especially the you lad upfront !

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2012, 11:52:08 AM »

I do believe a good Merlot combats itching (if you drink enough of it ) :D.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR